Decat downpipe on standard exhaust

Is anyone running this set up? How noisy? Any better spool up? Cost?

I was running that setup on my pre fl model and it had a slightly deeper tone but not loud at all and no drone inside car,it did sound nicer thought .Spool up time did seem better and as for cost i bought mine second hand so saved a fair bit.

Edited by fikes75

Do a search, there was a thread running not so long ago..

Seems pretty easy to knock out the pre cat and refit, so nothing visible, plus with the main cat still in place you should still pas an mot.

I've not done mine as I think it really isn't that important, my car made 420+Nm at stage one already, so any more and I'd need a clutch upgrade.

:giggle:

Sorry should have read it properly ,it was a 200 cell cat i had on mine not de-cat ,but some have just taken out the pre-cat and left the main cat still in place.

Just had my Milltek down pipe fitted, obviously no precat on this and a 200 cel sport cat, passed the MOT and no CEL. :thumbup:

@ OP, plenty of guys on the mk5golfgti forum have either butchered their OE pipe or an after market one, in most cases the cat was removed and replaced with a straight pipe but both pipes have flanges welded on each end so it's a quick swap once a year.....

Janner_sy has done the mod on his Furby II as well!

Do a search, there was a thread running not so long ago..

Seems pretty easy to knock out the pre cat and refit, so nothing visible, plus with the main cat still in place you should still pas an mot.

I've not done mine as I think it really isn't that important, my car made 420+Nm at stage one already, so any more and I'd need a clutch upgrade.

:giggle:

Found it - cheers

Clutch shouldn't be an issue with mapped dsg - thinking if mapping might as well do Decat at same time.

Torn between Decat cheap or larger dia downpipe. Suspect the larger dia is to compensate for 'blockage' down stream.