Dilema

Dilema... Cars ready.

I ordered with the intention of late feb arrival and March 1st collection.

Should I?

A. Collect now (end Dec) and take approx £7800 for mine. Current car advertised at £8595 with the view to dealing at around £8200, any less and its not worth the hassle.

B. Wait till 1.3.12 for a 12 plate and trade in drops to closer to 7k and not confirmed. (also current cars front tyres are shot and wifes saying we need new ones if we wait (it really is all over the place the now in this weather)

I may loose same other end when come to trade in between the 61/12plate difference. Also if I go A, do you think the car value will drop in price substantially when new reg comes out?

My dealer is letting me wait if I want and will store on their premises, fully insured etc..

Dunno what to do!

A - its nearly 4 months to March.....

Reg's don't make a fat lot of difference nowadays with it being every 6 months...

Or you could do C, wait until Jan so you have a 2012 reg car which will probably have more of an effect than the reg number.

A - its nearly 4 months to March.....

Reg's don't make a fat lot of difference nowadays with it being every 6 months...

Or you could do C, wait until Jan so you have a 2012 reg car which will probably have more of an effect than the reg number.

Just did a what car value on a 2011 60 plate and then a 2011 11 plate and the trade difference was £590 :(

I know whatcar values may be a little should I say unreliable but thats a lot

Also collect a dealer end Dec, so really just 8 weeks between it

Get the new car now and enjoy it! Life's too short.

Will save you more than a few quid on new tyres as well!

Spooky but I am in exactly the same position ... Right down to the front tyres needing replacing. Difference between getting new car now and waiting for 12 plate is £700 trade in plus price of new tyres so I decided on having it now.

Pick it up on Saturday :)

Spooky but I am in exactly the same position ... Right down to the front tyres needing replacing. Difference between getting new car now and waiting for 12 plate is £700 trade in plus price of new tyres so I decided on having it now.

Pick it up on Saturday :)

Thats very weird! lol

What are you getting?

Just did a what car value on a 2011 60 plate and then a 2011 11 plate and the trade difference was £590 :(

I know whatcar values may be a little should I say unreliable but thats a lot

Also collect a dealer end Dec, so really just 8 weeks between it

Won't make anywhere near that difference in 3 years time...up to you at the end of the day.

I just checked what car for a '09 58 and an '09 09 and there was no difference in trade-in value if they had the same milage.

And even if there was a difference, as long as it's less than the amount you lose on your trade-in by waiting (so £800 plus the price of tyres) you'd be better getting it ASAP.

I'd collect it the first week in January if I was you.

I wouldn't be able to wait..!! I've never had a brand new car before.. The thought of having to wait for it when its ready would result in me ending up in a straight jacket..! :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk