Skoda 1.8l SLX start's and immediatley dies. HELP!

FlowRyan

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with my Skoda Octavia 1.8L 20v SLX..

The problem is as follows..

when i turn the ignition and start it, it fires and the engine starts but just after when it starts in dies and the lamp that has a "Car and a key symbol flashes in intervals".. it worked the night before but now it just wont work properly.. What could it be?

//Florian Larsson

It could be the reader coil or the loom to the dash insert.

Take a look at http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/198720-bloody-immobiliser-and-key/page__p__2359950#entry2359950

Yes after searching this morning after a solution i found that post and i've already taken it apart but i don't know how to check if it's bad.. can i to it through my multimeter device by checking continuity? Or what to look for?

Make sure you don't have a second car key on the same keyring

Yes, it only has one key and one leather bit with the retailer who sold it with no key in it :p

Edited by FlowRyan

Yes, it only has one key and one leather bit with the retailer who sold it with no key in it :p

I meant a key for a second car other than the Octavia

Yes after searching this morning after a solution i found that post and i've already taken it apart but i don't know how to check if it's bad.. can i to it through my multimeter device by checking continuity? Or what to look for?

To check the loom you need to remove the 'b' connector (the green one) from the back of the dash. The black wire goes to pin 17 and the green wire goes to pin 2. IIRC, the resistance of the coil is about 20ohm.

To check the loom you need to remove the 'b' connector (the green one) from the back of the dash. The black wire goes to pin 17 and the green wire goes to pin 2. IIRC, the resistance of the coil is about 20ohm.

Ok :) Is it hard to open the b connector? i tried to figure it out but.. yeah :p

Can't get a good reading but 17-18ish is what i get.. i'm gonna buy a new cable. the pin 2 was moving to much so i guess that when you put it into the panel it just falls back an wont connect good enough :p

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

The little RFID chip jumped out when i changed batteries last night, didnt know what it was so i put it in a bowl.. later i saw the link below.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/immo-2-vw-audi.htm#recode

Then i noticed that mine was the same and checked for a spot in the key for it.. BINGO! now it works thanks for the fast replies etc etc.

Best regards, Florian Larsson!