Time for some power?

speedy2610

Build quality the same? go sit in a Leon - its night and day.

Spot on :thumbup: The leon while looking great on the outside is just a bit too cheap and tacky inside for me, even comparing like for like, a friend has a ibiza fr, its really not nice inside, in fact even she rather the inside of my fabia. People seem to think skoda are bottom of the run and will be naff compared to the other vag range but they are normally pretty surprised when they try one. The newer seat`s are even worse inside (leon anyway, ibiza`s are a bit nicer)

I'm sorry but SEAT fall under the Audi wing (or they did).

The Leon dash is from the A3 - with different materials yes.

Skoda and in particular the Fabia have some of the cheapest materials and lack of attention to finish I have ever seen.

Anybody who has sat in a Leon would not be trying to say the Fabia is some how even in the same league.

I'm not saying going stage 3 is the wrong thing for this guy or anybody else. I was just trying to give some balance here rather than just having a topic where everybody (whos money it isnt) is just saying yeah go for it.

you don't have to look like a boy racer to enjoy good mods - mine looks standard form the outside ( a bit lower) but surprises people when necessary.

Adrian flux will insure you and includes like for like on declared mods so you are covered in the event of a total loss.

My opinion is I prefer a unique car that you have added your own preferences to than a stock car anyone else can buy.

go for it

There is no balance for your opinion though ?

You're comment was leading to the inevitable path thought that a Fabia is in a lower class.

Which to a skoda Fabia topic section was clearly not the way to go.

He stated in the first post ... to convince him to do it.

Surely if he wanted the holy grail Leon he'd buy one ?

I don't mean to sound as satiricle < be that a word.

But it is a lower class. I own a Fabia and like it a lot but I'd be a fool to say the Leon is not better built, more of a package etc.

I only used the Loen as an example though, there are many other cars that for the money would be a good alternatice to maybe consider.

A 225 TT for example. Even better build quality and the all weather 4WD. I know its not as subtle as a Fabia, but again you have to way up any advantages.

Cant see how the seat cupra is a better built car, my friend has nothing but trouble with theres, owned from nearly new, standard, loads of annoying rattles, engine problems etc! My other mate scrapped his, the gearbox blew up twice and that was standard apart from a dump valve. Thats my opinion anyway. Back on topic, if you feel the need for more power go for it mate, spend some time researching and phoning the companies, search for the best deal for you. Just remember, it will be for you and wont really up the resale value.

I've gone from 2 Mk3 6N2 Polos, through a Mk4 Golf, through a Leon to a Fabia. I'd say they all felt equal tbh, the VW was a poverty-spec SE trim but the Leon was a Cupra TDI and the Fabia is a vRS, so they're both "top of their game". I can't think of anything which really felt different build-quality wise in any of the three cars. The Fabia is obviously smaller inside than the other two but it doesn't seem to have suffered, it still feels just as much of a VW as my first Polo did.

Just got an insurance quote for my car with all upgrades I'm 21 with 2 years Ncb and it came up as £970 on a compare site! Compared to £1800-£2000 for a standard TT, Leon cupra, s3, Vxr, megane!!

So yh stage 3 :)

I think larger cars have tended to have better interiors than smaller cars. I'd expect the likes of Golf/Octavia/Leon/A3 to be better inside than a Polo/Ibiza/Fabia.

Another thing that may/may not work out though: Try comparing costs for a Golf GT TDI plus mods against a Fabia VRS. Or an A3 PD140 or a similar spec/power Leon.

I think a better route might be to start with a Golf platform/size vehicle. More space to play with and more options when it comes to mods. A bigger user base and a wider tuning industry supporting it.

The thing is, though I bought my Fabia new. That's sentimental, if modding/tuning extensively now, 5-6 years down the line, I'd have to consider what path to take. Have to assume spending an extra £1500ish on a new base vehicle in the first place...

J.

LCR been there done that got the t shirt it was fully modified to stage 2 apart from the map running around 270 bhp was a totally sponge on funds 200 miles to a tank driving normally wtf was lucky to get high 30 mpg

had my fab VRS for a few weeks now its standard apart from some lows and tt wheels absolutely love it to bits love the smoothness of the engine like the fact it's an understated car cheap to insure cheap tax mpg is ridiculous

I got 65.2 mpg the other day

Really do not miss the Leon at all

would take a stage 3 or even a standard fab vrs over a

LCR any day of the week

Go for stage 3 bud I will be slowly working my way there too :)