cheap chip off ebay?

Hi guys,

Would it be worth me getting one of them cheap tuning chips off ebay for my 1.9tdi 110bhp?

Are they any good in terms of bhp and fuel economy or would I have to pay more to see any worth while benefits? Maybe its only worth getting a re-map?

Also as its 10 year old and done 153,000 miles would it be worth doing anything?

Cheers for any help recieved

I suspect its something like this Ebay Link if so they are a con a couple of resistors in box and some resin over them. They are crap and just tell ecu that fuel temp is 100Deg C making it use more juice.

At the end of the day the hundreds of people in this forum who have paid many hundreds of pounds each for a decent remap wouldn't have bothered going to the time and expense of having it done right if this was actually any good. I would leave car alone now and treat her nice.

Just get this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Universal-Dual-Supercharger-Turbo-Air-Intake-Fan-Kit-Fuel-Saver-Engine-Cool-/280754093357?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415e3f7d2d

Supercharger turbo fan. Guaranteed 1000hp from a Corsa 1.0l

Is definitely not a blue anodised baked bean can!

sam_5208.jpg

Just get this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Universal-Dual-Supercharger-Turbo-Air-Intake-Fan-Kit-Fuel-Saver-Engine-Cool-/280754093357?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415e3f7d2d

Supercharger turbo fan. Guaranteed 1000hp from a Corsa 1.0l

Is definitely not a blue anodised baked bean can!

sam_5208.jpg

lol made me glad I clicked on this thread again well done :giggle:

so-much-win.jpg?w=445

Page two in the feedback. Someone bought one then had it dyno tested!

Would that not be somewhat embarrassing? I assume that chaps running a dyno would have some idea what they are doing and that a blue soup can with a plastic fan in it attached to the air intake might not impress.