Vibration 75 to 85

Hello everyone,

Got Octavia 2.0 TDI 140 sport 100k miles and just noticed recently a small virbration fairly rapid which seems to come through the bottom of the drivers seat,most prominently from roughtly 75 to 85 mph (obviously not on the public road). It doesn't seem to be coming through the steering wheel that much at all and had 2 new front tyres, wheel balancing and wheel alignment done just 2 weeks ago.Was wondering if anyone might have an idea what could be causing this?

I don't think the rears are that old (only owned car over a month) but could out of balance rear tyres cause this? Also I sometimes get a rubbering low pitch squeaking noise over big bumps from the rear. Is this potentially bushes worn and could this cause the vibration?

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Nounou

Bushes could cause that but from your description the first thing I would check is rear tyres and their balance. I you feel it in steering wheels - its front tyre problem. If like yours in a seat of body then its from back wheels.

Just went through this on the wife's Fiesta. Had the wheel balancing checked and was fine. Dropped the car off for an MOT and asked them to have a check of the suspension links/bushes at the same time - turns out that the front offside spring had snapped emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Get your wheel balancing checked and if that doesn't fix it get the dealer to check out the rear suspension.

Thanks for your replies.

Getting the rear wheels balancing looked at tomorrow. Hopefully that will sort the problem out however, I sure as usual it will be something else far more costly and time consuming.

Nounou

Thanks for your replies.

Getting the rear wheels balancing looked at tomorrow. Hopefully that will sort the problem out however, I sure as usual it will be something else far more costly and time consuming.

Nounou

Hi,

Could you let us know what it was when you find out? I'm getting similar issues with mine at 120 - 130 km/h.. I also get the squeak when going over small bumps and speedhumps.. hope it's nothing major!

:)

That speed is wheel balance. Have this checked out. You wont be dispointed. As far as squeak - that could be list of different things. Drive on ramp and have it checked out as well.