Very slow to warm up

Wooly

BTW my PD seems to have spring loaded shutters over part of the radiator to do this- in theory.

When I used to block off my grilles in decades past, I always made sure the device was quickly detachable in case of overheating. On my old Mini I used wing nuts to fix a custom perspex shield on the inside of the grille. Aluminium foil is probably the quickest option on the FL. Unless you are worried about it coming loose and shorting something out!

Edited by gregoir

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I really can't remember having so much of a problem last year, on reflection though I was driving further to work. Looks like I'll just have to get used to it and wear more warmer clothes.

Picked up a petrol Yeti tonight as a courtesy car. It was hot within 2 miles. Only had the heater at 24C down the motorway on the way home, in my TDI this week I've had it on "Hi".

" Looks like I'll just have to get used to it and wear more warmer clothes."

My solution to the poor heater last year was to park the car up for much of the winter and use it for long journeys only, and that's not what I bought it for.

My argument is that in these modern times where we have so many driving aids, we should not have to live with a poor heating system in our cars. I've been driving Diesels for years, all economical and with adequate heaters.

Yes, this may be a consequence of an efficient engine, surely it would be no great engineering feat to circulate even less coolant through the engine in colder weather. Volvos and Saabs are also efficient cars but apparently have decent heaters. I wonder do Skoda sell cars in countries such as Norway or Sweden? I'd be surprised if they don't and I'm sure they are better equipped for colder climes than ours are.

Sorry about the rant, this issue is a big turn off for me as my journeys are mainly 10-12 miles and I don't see why I have to use my wifes ancient Corsa for comfort each winter. And then... there's the abysmal rear screen demisting as well!!

Yes they do sell in cold climates and come with the option of a diesel fired pre-heater (which pretty much every person would go for) when temperatures are often in silly minus figures!

I think they should have at least put the electric PTC heaters in for us Brits!