New VRS TDI built - pickup Jan or wait for March?

Hi all,

I went into my dealer on Tuesday to enquire about build dates and add Heated seats to my spec as it wasn't meant to be built until mid January - only to be told it's been built as they'd found a slot. :(

My fault for not adding them earlier but I'll just have to put up with a cold bum (full leather) in winter...

Anyway, it was meant for March delivery (12 plate) and the salesman said I could have it earlier and it'd take 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Other than the reg plate would it affect the value by much - I intend to keep it for 5+ years depending on job location etc.

Not a biggie, just wanted your thoughts...

I'd wait. Just because otherwise it feels new for a month before it's the old plate. But many people don't care.

I also prefer a 12 being the year as it's 2012, rather than a 61.

The longer you are keeping it the less difference it makes in all honesty.

if you can wait an extra 2 months for your brand new car then you are a better man than i.

i would want it straight away, all this nonsense about secondhand buyers being fussy over plates is just that, nonsense.

Agreed - I'd just have it now when it's ready. What's alternative - have the car sitting in the dealer's compound for 2 months? Over the course of 5 years, the fact that it's a 12 or 61 isn't going to make that much difference.

when i ordered my fiesta ST new for factory was told 7weeks which meant it would be ready bang on the 1st march for the new 08 reg. get a call 3 weeks before saying i can have it now, i just had to say no i will wait as it mightve only been 3 weeks of a differance but in valuation terms it might aswell have been 6 months.

however 3weeks aint the same as 2 months.

i would hold off, good things come to those who wait.

I got mine there in March but I would be of the same opinion as BossFox I would have felt like I had been ripped off a little having a 2011 car with a 60 plate (in your case 2012 on a 61). But its the holding off to wait bit :( nightmare but I was happy that mine was March for that reason and also the thought of bad weather and brand new car would have not like it fresh out of the box on frozen snow on summer tyres.

ps. I took out the extended warranty for the 5 years inc RAC cover EU wide and unlimited miles for last 2 years wasn't offered it but saw the option un-ticked on order sheet when I got it threw in post and called. Just thought id mention in case it was of any use to you as your keeping 5+ years like me (worry free motoring)