'97 Polo 1.4 to '94 Fav?

Hi!

My "new" Favorit just went down the other day and I suspect the timing chain. I wasn't driving it when it happened, so I don't really know if there was a "snapping" sound included in the break down. I just realized that the ignition doesn't move when engine is turned.. So I suspect the timing chain.. Could I be wrong?

I saw a '97 1.4 VW Polo engine (petrol) for sale, and I am wandering if it may fit?

Best regards,

Silli.

Sounds like the timing chain. I think Jim said that they don't bend valves when the chains go, so it should be straightforward to fix?

Engine - what engine code is that Polo? If it's AFH then it would be covered by Tom's 1./4 conversion thread on here - a bit different as it's a Fav and has the steady mounted to the engine, but I'm sure something could be sorted out....

Sounds like the timing chain. I think Jim said that they don't bend valves when the chains go, so it should be straightforward to fix?

Engine - what engine code is that Polo? If it's AFH then it would be covered by Tom's 1./4 conversion thread on here - a bit different as it's a Fav and has the steady mounted to the engine, but I'm sure something could be sorted out....

Thanks! I'll find out if it's AFH... On the other hand. If it's just about renewing the chain I'll go for that and think about the conversion later. But it's really attempting, and I might buy that 1.4, just in case ! :-)

Thanks again and have a merry christmas!