Installing bluetooth kit

TsvRS

I bought a BT kit which comes with a plug and play connector for the head unit to avoid rewiring the quad connector . Trouble is the plug and play assembly (i.e. plug and socket and a bit of extra loom) seems to be too big to fit behind the head unit (bolero) or hide away somewhere else. If anyone else has done one of these installs could you kindly tell me where I am going wrong?

I bought a BT kit which comes with a plug and play connector for the head unit to avoid rewiring the quad connector . Trouble is the plug and play assembly (i.e. plug and socket and a bit of extra loom) seems to be too big to fit behind the head unit (bolero) or hide away somewhere else. If anyone else has done one of these installs could you kindly tell me where I am going wrong?

Hi I had the same problem with a fiscon with my bolero.

You can get it all to fit behind wt a little bt iof fiddlingaround.

I ended up splicing the cables soldering then and taking them up to get a much neater finish.

It ended up being the best thing when I replaced the bolero for a Columbus.

Hope that helps

I installed a CK7W Nokia kit recently. I found it was easier to get the power from empty fuse sockets and get the green connector and wires to connect into the quad block. No extra stuff to try and squeeze in.

1 x 12 Pin Green Flat Contact Housing (Plug) Radio/Telephone Connection - 3B7 035 447 B

3 x Suitable wires (can't remember the part no, just asked the dealer for them) 1 for mute, the other two for audio input.

I do recall however, that taking the glovebox out had been mentioned to gain access to guide excess cables into a void.

What car kit are you installing?

Thanks for the quick replies, I got it done in the end. Was a real five hour pfaff to get it all done but the only proper tricky bit was to get the huge quad connectors stowed away which I eventually did (a good hour fffing and blinding) by taking the top storage compartment out and sliding the whole assembly into the void by the side of the glove compartment. Taking the glove compartment out probably would have helped but I was getting a little afraid of not getting it all back together again before dark . . .

I got a VW 5N0035730D kit which I guess I just need to get coded now as it does pretty much nothing other than offer emergency calls at the moment, not even pairing with devices which is a bit suspect - hope it is all OK.

Got a service booked soon so hopefully they can code it for the BT unit and also get rid of the ESP fault which came up after disconnecting the battery . . .