Recommendations Please

Mozza8

Hi all,

Could anyone please recommend a Skoda garage, preferably Midlands area, that is completely on top of its game, especially on the electrical/electronics side. That can efficiently, professionaly and first time, diagnose faults and put them right without fuss. This must be a very special, first-rate establishment.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Could anyone please recommend a Skoda garage, preferably Midlands area, that is completely on top of its game, especially on the electrical/electronics side. That can efficiently, professionaly and first time, diagnose faults and put them right without fuss. This must be a very special, first-rate establishment.

Many thanks in advance.

You might get this level of expertise from an auto electrical business. You can't expect a main dealer or Skoda garage to have the level of experise or knowledge you demand. Try Honest John for recommendations.

You might get this level of expertise from an auto electrical business. You can't expect a main dealer or Skoda garage to have the level of experise or knowledge you demand. Try Honest John for recommendations.

TDI, the main dealers should have all the experience neccessary to understand the electrical system in the Yeti. A lot depends on the fault/query that Mozza has.

TDI, the main dealers should have all the experience neccessary to understand the electrical system in the Yeti. A lot depends on the fault/query that Mozza has.

I stand by my original advice. Understanding an electrical system and diagnosing a complicated or intermittant fault in one visit are not the same thing.

I stand by my original advice. Understanding an electrical system and diagnosing a complicated or intermittant fault in one visit are not the same thing.

And therein lies the problem!!

We don't know what "problem" the OP has!!

And to be honest, with the CanBus system it might actually be quite simple to sort out some problems, because they tell you what they are.

Lets wait until the OP tells us.

Thanks everybody so far......

Since day one (Yeti is 2 months old) it has been back to the local Skoda 5 times. Despite following the (simple) instructions to the letter, the memory aspect of the electric drivers seat does not, in the majority of attempts, accept new seat positions or allow them to be "remembered" by the keyfobs. The dealer has changed the seat control, and, on another visit wiped the memory and started again. My sanity has been tested with this .

You can see how much time/travel this has cost me and why I need a real expert.