AA to the rescue!

spud7997

On my way out xmas shopping this morning( nothing like leaving it late!!) the management light came one and the car became very lumpy :doh:

managed to get it home rang a few garages on the off chance someone was working but there was no-one, so as last resort rang the AA as i remembered im a member with my car insurance they came to my house within 20 mins and diagonsed coil pack number three had failed :no:

luckily he had one on board so fitted it and reset and rescaned the computer for codes, and all i got charged was £45.29 for the part :) so from the time i rang them to the car being fixed and on my way out again was about an hour and i have a healthy car for christmas.

So im now going to get lots of brownie points from the otherhalf and not a black eye for not getting her any presents :rofl:

many thanks to the AA and merry christmas to you all.

Well , never met Harry ,then . Daughter's car had battery problems a month ago . Having AA cover as part of her bank account ,she called them -all we needed was a jump start .Obviously all he saw was young female ,with aged Dad . So ,he thought it time for some extra financial activities .

First he tried car - battery decided to play ball ( we'd left it to recover whilst he arrive) and car started . Next ,he was into the car display , where he spotted "OIL" on the display .(similar display to Skoda - just means oil service is due).By this time car had run for some minutes .He then switched off and checked dipstick , telling her she was "ALMOST " out of oil . I shook my head ,and daughter (biker chick ,whose hubby repairs bikes) refused his offer of oil at "APPROX " £9 a lirte . He then proceeded to test battery ,pronouncing it dodgy ( what he' been called out for) ,producing a report to say any more call outs for same problem would be chargeable . He was about to drive off ,when I stopped him ,till daughter got car started. It didn't as test had removed charge from battery ,neeing a jump start .

Personally ,if I' been member ,Harry would have been on a course on how not to rip members off .

Perhaps this might serve as advice to those innocents ( male/female) on here to look at avice from fourth emergency service with a new view . BTW -it's not the forat time I've had one of these so called experts tell me that oil level was low - last time ,car was parked on a slope .

Well , never met Harry ,then . Daughter's car had battery problems a month ago . Having AA cover as part of her bank account ,she called them -all we needed was a jump start .Obviously all he saw was young female ,with aged Dad . So ,he thought it time for some extra financial activities .

First he tried car - battery decided to play ball ( we'd left it to recover whilst he arrive) and car started . Next ,he was into the car display , where he spotted "OIL" on the display .(similar display to Skoda - just means oil service is due).By this time car had run for some minutes .He then switched off and checked dipstick , telling her she was "ALMOST " out of oil . I shook my head ,and daughter (biker chick ,whose hubby repairs bikes) refused his offer of oil at "APPROX " £9 a lirte . He then proceeded to test battery ,pronouncing it dodgy ( what he' been called out for) ,producing a report to say any more call outs for same problem would be chargeable . He was about to drive off ,when I stopped him ,till daughter got car started. It didn't as test had removed charge from battery ,neeing a jump start .

Personally ,if I' been member ,Harry would have been on a course on how not to rip members off .

Perhaps this might serve as advice to those innocents ( male/female) on here to look at avice from fourth emergency service with a new view . BTW -it's not the forat time I've had one of these so called experts tell me that oil level was low - last time ,car was parked on a slope .

Hello there, AA here. Sorry to read about your experience, which certainly doesn't describe our usual high standard of service for which we are renowned for. If you would like to discuss any of these matters with us, we would love to hear from you. Our Member Relations team can be contacted on 0844 209 0556.

Hello there, AA here. Sorry to read about your experience, which certainly doesn't describe our usual high standard of service for which we are renowned for. If you would like to discuss any of these matters with us, we would love to hear from you. Our Member Relations team can be contacted on 0844 209 0556.

Do i get anything for promoting the great work you people do?? :smirk:

Edited by spud7997