Stebel Nautilus horn?

ilmor

Hello all, I was wondering weather anyone has fitted a 12v Stebel Nautilus Car Compact Twin Tone Air Horn? Can I fit this horn to My 2006 VRS without doing any major modification to the car? :)

Thanks as always

Ilmor

I fittied one to an Arosa a few years back, pretty good little horns, Iv not looked at the Fabia set up but I cant see it being any harder than the Arosa which was a dodle, Just find a suitable place to mount the horn (original place if possible) then pull the spade clips off the original horn and put onto the stebel

Where abouts in Northampton are you?

Rich

You will probably have to take the bumper cover off to fit in the original position. It is very tight otherwise. The connectors were not the same on the original horn so a couple of spades are necessary. I fitted one a few weeks ago to my 03 SDI, tried to do it without removing the bumper cover but it proved impossible, and I've got little hands. Very worth doing.

So would this be the correct horn to buy? (before I go and buy the wrong one! :giggle: )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TX8W8G/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d1_g263_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=177HXYWECQQY2N3Z55N6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294

R1 4GHA - you dont fancy giving me a hand do you? ;) Just kidding :)

Cheers for all the help guys!

Thats the same one I bought, I bought it off ebay about 4 years ago for £25, the prices have gone up! Even on ebay they are £35 ish and thats shipped from abroad,

Always happy to give a hand! but im new to the fabia layout...

Rich

Thats the same one I bought, I bought it off ebay about 4 years ago for £25, the prices have gone up! Even on ebay they are £35 ish and thats shipped from abroad,

Always happy to give a hand! but im new to the fabia layout...

Rich

The ones on ebay seem to be copys not genuine Stebel's.... :|

I've fitted two to mine. A ultra compact one in the stock location, and the bigger one the driver's side. I found a bracket with a nut welded to it and made up my own bracket to bolt it on there. I am guessing this is where an aircon compressor or something diesel related is bolted onto the other models though.

These seem to be getting far more difficult to get hold of now. Halfords no longer stock them and have replaced the ultra compact version with a similar looking model by "Ring" which looks like a Stebel rip off. The websites that used to have them no longer seem to, and ebay you're looking at buying from abroad and paying quite a bit. I have two of the large ones spare I picked up in Halfords for a fiver each when they were getting rid :o (although boxes tatty and fixing bits missing). To be honest at £60, I'd be thinking of trying something else. Just been doing a bit of googling. Came across this.... http://www.ukclassicparts.com/mini-spare-parts-and-accessories/electrical/air-horn-chrome.asp Chrome Stebel £24.97 Cannot vouch for the company, and no idea on delivery cost - but cheaper than £60. http://www.ukclassicparts.com/mini-spare-parts-and-accessories/electrical/magnum-double-horn.asp also appear to be a good price for both the high and low note horns.

The one linked to above (downward firing) is the larger model and will not fit in the stock location, at least certainly not without removing the bumper. Managed to fit the small version on mine without removing bumper. This is on a pre-facelift model with the teardrop fogs though - may be a different story for facelift and vrs.

Here's the compact version fitted in the stock location on mine

DSC00843.jpg

Here is how it's fixed to the bracket the oem horn was on

DSC00842.jpg

So long as you're only fitting the one Stebel Nautilus and nothing else, you do not need the relay and can just hook the wires up with spade terminals and a short length of thickish wire (the stuff labelled 17amp in Halfords should be acceptable.) The Fabia's horn wiring is already rated for 20amps and the standard fuse is a 20amp one, which supplies no other circuits.