Leather Steering Wheel Is Slippy

Hi,

Happy New Year to all.

I have a Superb 170 elegance and I find that the leather steering wheel has become smooth and shiny. I am gripping it hard as I feel it slips in my hands especially if it is warm. I have never treated the wheel or used any cleaners on it other then a dry cloth. What can I do to improve the grip without damaging the leather?

Thanks.

Anthony.....

Hi,

Happy New Year to all.

I have a Superb 170 elegance and I find that the leather steering wheel has become smooth and shiny. I am gripping it hard as I feel it slips in my hands especially if it is warm. I have never treated the wheel or used any cleaners on it other then a dry cloth. What can I do to improve the grip without damaging the leather?

Thanks.

Anthony.....

If it gets like that on mine I find unscented wet wipes do the trick. Ocassionally I do put some leather cleaner on it to maintain it. :)

Shiny leather is down to it being dirty, the grease and oils from your hands make it shiny, use a decent leather wipe to clean it, whilst baby wipes are very good they contain alcohol so can be a bit harsh if used regularly.

The quality of the leather on current Skoda steering wheel is inferior to that fitted to the three spoke wheel on my previous Superb. Furthermore, in my opinion, the Passat steering wheel is trimmed with a better quality leather.

I've previously used Armorall leather wipes on steering wheels and trim. It cleans and nourishes at the same time.

The best way to cure a shiny leather steering wheel is to use autoglym small white cleaning sponges.

I am not sure from memory the exact name but I know Halfords do there own brand to.

Just be careful not to rub to hard but you will be amazed the dirt you get off with them .

Edited by jeff4066