Octavia 2006, Bolero upgrade+ parking distance control, wont work?

Problema..

I have a 2006 combi octavia. I have upgraded the radio to bolero. Gateway box was revision K, so i didn't need to update it, worked o.k.

Now i installed FL parkind distance control system. Front and rear. It came with the newer box (C- ending product number). Everything else works fine but radio does not respond to pdc. Codings are ok i doublechecked. DO i need to update Gateway or what??

Edited by -tarzi-

E is the last version of park distance control, for version C, used between 25.05.2009 and 07.11.2010 , corect verion of gateway are : 1K0907530AD or 7N0907530 .

Edited by al bundy

Does this mean i have to change the pdc control unit or gateway? PDC CU should be from a FL octavia, bet that is not the problem?

Did you do the extra wiring from the PDC to the CAN Gateway so that the PDC can communicate on the CAN Gateway? If you didn't it won't work regardless of versions of PDC and CAN Gateway.

I connected can wiring to xenon lamp range control unit.. Do i need to connect it to some other place too?

Yep - use the search on here as I am sure there was a guide or a link to a guide on the golf forums. From memory a wire needs to be run from the PDC to the CAN gateway.

You also need to code the CAN Gateway and the Bolero for PDC, if they aren't already, and then enable PDC from the menu on the Bolero.

you need to run 2 wire from PDC to gateway. At gateway, pin T20c/6 is CAN LOW and T20c/16 is CAN HIGH. AT PDC pin T16g/15 is CAN LOW and T16g/6 is CAN HIGH

So i need total 4 can wires? I already have 2 wires...

Nooo, only 2, from PDC to Cangateway, not to xenon lamp or anything else.

LE at xenon lamp control unit, behaiud centre console, what pins you use to conect PDC ?

Edited by al bundy

Do you have any error codes when scanned with VCDS?

Have a look here - did you remove the three pins from the PDC that are no longer required?

No error codes. The system is connected to Drive canbus as instructed on that vw thread. When i connected it to comfort canbus, it did not work. When i connected it to Drive canbus everything worked ok... I got the set from skodateile. I did not change the wires in the PDC t16 connector.. Xenon lamps are in Drive can, so this should work.

I think my gateway is too old... ?

Edited by -tarzi-

ok that confirms my suspections..

have to orded parts from skodateile ;)

Don't know if this will help you or not but here goes ---

I just fitted front parking sensors on my car (also bought from skodateile) I already had factory fitted rear sensors.

However they didn't display on my swing player. I had the optical illustration active on the park assist but still didnt work.

But, when I changed the coding to Octavia Limo from control module not coded (iirc byte 2) it started woking properly. Try it out as even I have the C revision.

HTH

Don't know if this will help you or not but here goes ---

I just fitted front parking sensors on my car (also bought from skodateile) I already had factory fitted rear sensors.

However they didn't display on my swing player. I had the optical illustration active on the park assist but still didnt work.

But, when I changed the coding to Octavia Limo from control module not coded (iirc byte 2) it started woking properly. Try it out as even I have the C revision.

HTH

DO i change coding to pdc cu or where? Cannot understand,,, :/

Did the rear sensors work on the swing but not front? Or both did not work?

DO i change coding to pdc cu or where? Cannot understand,,, :/

Did the rear sensors work on the swing but not front? Or both did not work?

When I retro-fitted the front parking sensors .. the display completely stopped displaying the parking sensors ... BUt then after changing coding all was fine.

You change the long coding on park/steer assist I think it's Address 10 if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by pz1811

When I retro-fitted the front parking sensors .. the display completely stopped displaying the parking sensors ... BUt then after changing coding all was fine.

You change the long coding on park/steer assist I think it's Address 10 if I'm not mistaken.

And you said it is byte 2 wich you changed? I work with vas original test system, not vcds so idont have any instructions to these codings..

Do you have the entire code number so i can try that..

And you said it is byte 2 wich you changed? I work with vas original test system, not vcds so idont have any instructions to these codings..

Do you have the entire code number so i can try that..

ya I can do that >> I will post a scan by tomorrow .

Here is a scan ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 1Z0-919-475.clb

Part No SW: 1Z0 919 475 C HW: 1Z0 919 475 A

Component: PARKHILFE 8K H06 0006

Revision: -------- Serial number: 66541015402148

Coding: 100001

Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345

VCID: 418366BCD892EAC

• 5 months later...