What Does This Mean?

Just sitting here casually watching Coronation Street (Sorry..), and saw my phone flashing saying missed call and it was from the Skoda Garage in Watford saying 'Your Skoda has been built' !!!! What does this mean? When can I have it? I know I can phone them in the morning, but thats a long time away. Any ideas? I am beyond excited (fyi - Black Superb Elegance 170 DSG; Ivory Leather, ticked everyting apart from sunroof - my husband said its going to look like a Christmas Tree!!)

From leaving the factory the car is shipped by train to the port in Germany (I think). From there it's a hop across to Grimsby and then on to your dealer to be prepped for sale. Sometimes there can be a delay getting cars on to the ships, and then on to the transporters in Greasby. Normally the whole process takes around 3 weeks, or at least it did when I got mine last year.

I bet you can't wait, I certainly couldn't...! The 170 and DSG are a perfect match, the whole package is just, well, superb :D

My dealer phoned me on Monday 21st November 2011 to advise that my Superb Elegance had been built which, in itself, was a surprise as I was not expecting it until at least the middle/end of December.

The next phone call was on Saturday 26th November to advise that the car had been delivered to their garage - WOW.

The salesman at West Sussex Motors then pushed hard for the car to be PDC'd so that I could take delivery on 1st December.

As you can see, this process was very quick so maybe they are looking for more sales at the factory. Maybe to support this, I noticed in today's Daily Mail and advert for the Fabia with a 25% discount !!!!

'Dougal Entendre' can I ask when you ordered yours and spec? Thanks.

Hi, Elegance Greenline, Black, Heated rear seats, wood trim, roller blinds [so a few extras, basically] ordered from a family-run dealership in Deal, Kent in mid-October. The dealer says they have to handover to the customer within 10 days of arrival to meet Skoda targets though.

Edited by Dougal Entendre

ordered from a family-run dealership in Deal, Kent in mid-October. The dealer says they have to handover to the customer within 10 days of arrival to meet Skoda targets though.

They must be so busy PDI'ing your car that they have no time to answer any emails though :thumbdown:

Maybe the rumour's are true about them? or maybe they are THE dealer that are so busy they can afford to turn work down?

Nice to see your car (and a few others) are arriving on time though :thumbup:

They must be so busy PDI'ing your car that they have no time to answer any emails though :thumbdown:

Maybe the rumour's are true about them? or maybe they are THE dealer that are so busy they can afford to turn work down?

Nice to see your car (and a few others) are arriving on time though :thumbup:

Approached, 4 dealers locally when looking to place an order and none of them seemed remotely bothered about whether they sold me a car or not...

Approached, 4 dealers locally when looking to place an order and none of them seemed remotely bothered about whether they sold me a car or not...

There is such a demand for Skodas (hence the long waiting lists) that Skoda dealers are under no pressure to sell. They sit and wait for buyers to come to them. My local dealer doesn't even bother opening on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday. And in fainess, why should he?

There is such a demand for Skodas (hence the long waiting lists) that Skoda dealers are under no pressure to sell. They sit and wait for buyers to come to them. My local dealer doesn't even bother opening on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday. And in fainess, why should he?

If anybody reading these messages lives in West Sussex I can highly recommend West Sussex Motors based in Goring, Worthing where you will find the sales team are available on both Saturday and Sunday. I had already ordered my Superb but my wife had not seen the model so while out one Sunday morning in November I thought I would see if the dealer had any outside on their forecourt. I was surprised to find that the showroom was open and my sales contact was working as he had a customer who was about to come in to collect his new car.

I think this shows that some SKODA outlets are working hard and has the customer's interests at heart.

Yay!!!! My lovely new car is ready for collection next Wednesday.. So all of you that have ordered around the beginning of November time, your wait should nearly be over. I am very impressed so far. From order to receiving will be about 12 weeks and they quoted me 11 - 13 for it to be built.. seven more sleeps!! And........... maybe controversially, I have asked for mudflaps to be fitted at the last minute. I hope I don't regret it.. I shall let you know and post pictures very soon. Fyi... Black Superb Elegance, Cream leather interior with black carpets, 170, DSG. Ticked every box apart from Sunroof (didnt want one).