octavia wheel

I think you can keep the original 16" spare.

The higher profile of the tyre makes up for the increased wheel diameter and lower profile tyre on the 17" and 18" alloys.

My vRS with 18" alloys has a factory fit 16" steel spare wheel.

If you go for 17" wheels you need 225/45/17 tyres, for 18"s you would need 225/40/18. For either size a width of 7" or 7.5" and an offset in the range ET45 to ET51 should be fine. You can see the effect of different combinations here. Needless to say your insurer will want a few quid off you for the privilege.

If you go for 17" wheels you need 225/45/17 tyres, for 18"s you would need 225/40/18. For either size a width of 7" or 7.5" and an offset in the range ET45 to ET51 should be fine. You can see the effect of different combinations here. Needless to say your insurer will want a few quid off you for the privilege.

thanks

according to the web you advised i get this result two result for the wheel i want to buy

but still don't if i am going wrong cause it shows the different with no advice if it's risky can you check this two dimension and which one is safer

205/55 R 16 ON 6.5 ET 50 CHANGED TO 225/40 R 18 ON 8 ET 37

205/55 R 16 ON 6.5 ET 50 CHANGED TO 225/40 R 18 ON 8 ET 45

focusing mainly on the ET

i got result from (WIILTHEY) but one of them is less from inside and the other is more from outside so which of them is the right choice and why

THANKING YOUR EFFORT AND APPRECIATING YOUR HELP

Edited by taha85

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've got a similar question, the new alloys I've got for my octy are 18x8 ET45, will these still accomadate 225/40? When I bought them I was assured they would but after lining them up against the standard vRS alloys they are way wider

2011-12-12143953.jpg

See my problem, to the right, standard vRS alloys with 225/40's yes the new alloys have plastic protectors on so there maybe a couple of mm in it but there miles wider

what about my maim question

i want to install 17" or 18 "

original wheel 6,5J x 16 H2, ET 50

what dimension of wheel and ET(offset) should go with it

225/40 R 18 ON 8 ET 37

225/40 R 18 ON 8 ET 45

one of them is less from inside and the other is more from outside so which of them is the right choice and why ??

Ema_Jane: if you see on the tires in the back of this picture, you see oem Zeniths with 225/40-18 and one 9,5j rim with 225. Its only the rim that makes the tire wider :)

DSC_0684.jpg

Edited by Stamsaas

what about my maim question

i want to install 17" or 18 "

original wheel 6,5J x 16 H2, ET 50

what dimension of wheel and ET(offset) should go with it

225/40 R 18 ON 8 ET 37

225/40 R 18 ON 8 ET 45

one of them is less from inside and the other is more from outside so which of them is the right choice and why ??

The standard wheel on our facelift vRS is 7.5x18 ET51, so I would be inclined to go for the 8 x 18 ET45. Having said that, there are people on here that use 10mm spacers with the standard wheels, effectively changing the offset to ET41 so you'd probably get away with the ET37