How soon remap?

I remapped mine (stage 1) at 2 years old and it's been on for 20 months with no problems. Some have theirs remapped at a few weeks old. As long as it's a decent map you shouldn't have any problems as the increase in performance is easily handled by the car.

16 weeks and 4000 miles. stage 1 from Shark.

I reckon a few weeks from new should give you enough time to make sure you have ironed out any initial delivery problems with your car.

Most problems after the remap should be sorted on the warranty anyway, provided it hasnt been a contributing factor.

I dont think I could go back to pre-map vRS now!

500 miles, 2 weeks for me - stage 1 shark. I decided that there wasn't anything wrong with that car and so no point holding off. A few thousand miles later a connector (fuel delivery related?) under the rear bench melted and the car had to be taken to the dealer on a truck as it wouldn't start. No questions at all about the map and fixed quickly.

I've now clocked up 25k and no problems other than wiping the grin off my face.

Edited by sam_underhill

If you remap your car you can void parts of the warranty, it really depends on the attitude of the dealer / skoda when you get a problem & what that problem is. If you kill a turbo it could be deemed to be the remap, if the back door falls off it cant be, get my drift

Skoda occasionally look in here so if you announce it theres a chance it may be spotted

Generally a basic map shopuld not cause any issues but make sure its done by a reputable company, then you have a comeback aginst them if things go wrong