Toying with the idea of a reg number for the VRS.

BossFox

I say do it! Why not if you've got the spare cash. Especially on a great Fabia like the OP's. Don't regret buying my R5 FBY plate one bit. It was a steal at £144 plus transfer on New Reg.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guy who lives close to me and is on here has f4b vr as his plate looks spot on :thumbup:

It hasn't read F4B VR for a while, it is now F4 BVR (Until I next go to a show, and put my show plates back on)

It may be coming up for sale soon, as the car might be going soon!

I think they were an SE weren't they? Doesn'd really matter as LE and SE basically the same thing.

It's officially the "Å koda Fabia vRS Special Edition" - the only limited edition of the Mark 1 Fabia produced - on the Å koda showroom brochure.

The Fabia special 'run-out' model was the SE (Special Edition), the special they did with the pre-FL Octy2 was the LE (Limited Edition).

Both amounted to the same thing; a different colour and some interior tweaks - seats etc. And in the case of the Octy, some different wheels.

In this context yes. In other contexts no - for example the Mark 2 Fabia Monte Carlo is a "special" edition but not a "limited" edition (AFAIK)...

Thanks for the input guys. :thumbup:

Think I've narrowed it down to:

MY09 FAB

RW09 FAB (RW are my initials)

SK09 FAB

SE09 FAB

RS09 VRS

RW09 FOX (Only because the new Yeti will be RW12 FOX)

go for it

although yours is an 09 plate and special in the way it fits in with fabia's, but an 09 plate isnt really special as its not really that new anymore

Id go for one without a date and have the other style

ie mine was £299 which is E11HES which i think suits perfect for my name Elliott Heslop :)

Couldn't ask for a better one to be fair and i think private plates look miles better than standard ones :)

cheers

Id go for one without a date and have the other style

ie mine was £299 which is E11HES which i think suits perfect for my name Elliott Heslop :)

Err.. E reg was 1989(ish).

I know what you mean, but just don't want to cover up the 09. While it's not new, and not really that important it does mark it out as the last ever registered (as far as I know) mkI.

So while it's not really that important, it just kind of makes the car a bit more special to me personally.

This is why I'm thinking along the like of a FAB plate. It's more for the car than me.

Err.. E reg was 1989(ish).

I know what you mean, but just don't want to cover up the 09. While it's not new, and not really that important it does mark it out as the last ever registered (as far as I know) mkI.

So while it's not really that important, it just kind of makes the car a bit more special to me personally.

This is why I'm thinking along the like of a FAB plate. It's more for the car than me.

Yeah E reg would be 1989 yes but that doesnt make the car look like an E reg unless its a person who knows little about cars or registrations. The E is purely down to preference of what you choose on the site as are the final 3 numbers. This E and the 11 just go well on the plate and look like Ell and the HES is obviously HES.

Also works well as i was born in 1989 :)

Curious - never seen a reseller having cheaper prices than the DVLA previously. They must have a special deal for buying them...

Curious - never seen a reseller having cheaper prices than the DVLA previously. They must have a special deal for buying them...

It's not cheaper.

That kind of reg is only £250 on DVLA usually so they are making £16 profit.

Hardly a massive markup though is it?