Columbus phone function on Manual VRS (New Order)

Hi all,

First time poster, I had done a quick search and still can't find the answer to the following question:

Q: Does the Columbus SatNav phone function work on a Manual VRS Octavia?

I know that the option is available on the DSG model (MFSW) for £400inc.

One of the dealers I saw today stated that you can't have it on the Manual version, but you can control the phone feature using the right hand stork?

Can someone with a Manual VRS with SatNav confirm this?

I don’t mind loosing the functions to control the stereo on the steering wheel, but not having the option to use the phone (iphone4) might be a deal breaker.

Cheers

James

I have just picked up my Greenline with Columbus Sat Nav and the phone function doesn't work. It wasn't possible to choose bluetooth as an option with the Greenline hatchback which seems crackers as it will be mainly business drivers who'll get it. Also paying £1500 and not getting phone connectivity is a rip off.

As mine is a company car my firm won't pay the £400 or so to retro fit the oem bluetooth package so I'm going to have to get a parrot instead.

I have a manual vRS with Columbus Sat-Nav, maxidot and the phone function works fine (I do have a Fiscon plus unit and not the factory fit bluetooth module).

MFSW comes as standard on DSG vehicles......

As gizmob has said, you can control the phone from the wiper stalk (if you have maxidot) or from the touchscreen. I know it is not as convinient as the button on an MFSW, but you soon get used to it.

Chemical Matt - why not get a fiscon plus unit for that fully integrated solution - 15 minute self install (may need another 10 minutes with dealer for coding or a helpful local Brisky member with VCDS).... Not sure of prices though.

Justin

Cheers Gizmob & Justinlok, does the voice recognition work?

Does anyone know what option I need to select along with the SATNAV to get the bluetooth working and also was the cost is?

Is it fitted at the factory or the dealers?

Thanks again.

James

Chemical Matt - why not get a fiscon plus unit for that fully integrated solution - 15 minute self install (may need another 10 minutes with dealer for coding or a helpful local Brisky member with VCDS).... Not sure of prices though.

Justin

I would love to get a fiscon unit but unfortunately work won't go for it at £350 as opposed to about £150 for a parrot :'(

£249 here:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f1259636d

£199 here.......

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f12caa4c7

Fiting is a hour of grazed knuckles but easy unless you're a complete and utter goon without opposable thumbs - lots of info on here.

Do consider spending the extra - the "factory fit" is well worth it even if you don't have an MFSW. I used the Columbus screen on my previous car to operate the phone for two years.

Parrot and other similar aftermarlet kits are crap by comparison - I've tried most of them over the years. The best one I found was a Motorola but I had three Parrots break in two years and speech qulaity was variable. That said it was over three years ago now so maybe they've come on a bit but the VW / Skoda kit is the bizz and also importantly completely invisible.

Fiscon is OK but why not just fit the factory unit and be done with it?!

Skoda UK, in their infinite wisdom, have made it so you cannot order bluetooth on a manual vRS I'm afraid. It is retro fit or nothing. The dealer fit bluetooth is just an aftermarket one (parrot I think) that doesn't integrate with the radio, maxidot etc.