Cadwell Park with javelin

curly

Did a track day for the first time with Javelin last friday it was quite well organised but it was wet all day, plenty of race cars on track so it was good fun trying to mix it with a few. I think the car works better when it is wet with the softer standard suspesion when the faster track cars have less of an advantage, here a little clip of the day

100% agree about the wet weather performance. it doesnt break traction or lose grip anywhere near as quick as the track prepped cars. What tyres are you running now. You must have gone through a few sets now. Have you changed the fluid and pads?

What camera and video editing software do you use. I need to invest in one. Have a few vids in my build thread of me at Mallory Park in some pretty hardcore rain. The kit cars were having an absolute nightmare.

100% agree about the wet weather performance. it doesnt break traction or lose grip anywhere near as quick as the track prepped cars. What tyres are you running now. You must have gone through a few sets now. Have you changed the fluid and pads?

What camera and video editing software do you use. I need to invest in one. Have a few vids in my build thread of me at Mallory Park in some pretty hardcore rain. The kit cars were having an absolute nightmare.

I'm back on the tyres that came with the car, the track days have been wet on the last few so it hasnt been taking too much out of the car and tyres. Standard pads just changed the fluid to Motul 600, regarding the vid a just give my mate the tape and he does the rest, he loves all that stuff he's a geek ;) i will ask him what he is using

hey - not been on this forum for a while.

I was at Cadwell too.. In a red Clio Trophy. Let you past in the morning session - the fabia was going really well.

Christ hill bends were slippy.

403588_10150540616917310_501857309_8776486_1985119319_n.jpg

400312_10150540521652310_501857309_8776218_484870482_n.jpg

Yeah I remember you, do you mean Hall bends near the cafe? yeah it was Torvill and Dean stuff and the exit of Charles 2 was the same :thumbup:

Wow! Was there anything you didn't overtake?? LOl!

Very well driven in my opinion, smooth & brave. I wouldn't fancy Cadwell in the rain, seen too many off's there when it's slippery!

ta the little Fabia is not a bad motor esecially in the wet :thumbup:

Me mate is using windows movie maker its a freebie \i have just noticed your bill thread with the Mallory vid on, you could do with a clamp for that video :) I just use a piece of 2by1 and tie cord it on the head rest. I dont rate Mallory its a bit of a crap circuit you are better spending a little bit more and going one of the bigger tracks.

Me mate is using windows movie maker its a freebie \i have just noticed your bill thread with the Mallory vid on, you could do with a clamp for that video :) I just use a piece of 2by1 and tie cord it on the head rest. I dont rate Mallory its a bit of a crap circuit you are better spending a little bit more and going one of the bigger tracks.

Yeah its pretty boring, wouldn't bother again but id never done itbefore so still worth the day out.