Window woes fixed, feedback on IGS Eastleigh

Hiya, can anyone give me a precise location for the central convenience module please? Thanks!

It is situated behind the knee panel on drivers side.

It is situated behind the knee panel on drivers side.

Not quite

You haven't included any model info other than Octavia, year makes a difference.

Prior to around 2010 the convenience control unit is mounted on the face of the heater box behind the glovebox.

After around 2010 the convenience control unit has been done away with and it's functions are now taken care of by the central electrics control unit which is mounted on the drivers side behind the knee panel.

Not quite

You haven't included any model info other than Octavia, year makes a difference.

Prior to around 2010 the convenience control unit is mounted on the face of the heater box behind the glovebox.

After around 2010 the convenience control unit has been done away with and it's functions are now taken care of by the central electrics control unit which is mounted on the drivers side behind the knee panel.

What he said +1

emoticon-0148-yes.gif

He should know, and I have replaced mine so do know!

Do you need a new one - I have one going spare somewhere .........

Thanks guys, it is a 2007 vrs tdi pd. Been looking above my right shin and failing, trying to resolve some crazy window issues, came up as window motor failures on diagnostics which it isnt, bonus is that I am now a dab hand at getting door cards on and off.

Smart money on the central inconvenience unit now. ;)

Get you get a scan of your car using VCDS to get the full part number of the CCM?

You need to take the glovebox out and then it is mounted on a black plastic bracket up at the top left - you can't miss it as you will only have the CAN Gateway and the CCM behind there. Whatever you do, don't turn the ignition on if you disconect the airbag switch to get the glovebox out!

I have one that I took out of mine - I don't want silly money for it, much less than the ones on ebay. If it is the same revision (which I have a funny feeling it might not be as mine is a 2006MY) we can talk about the price emoticon-0105-wink.gif

It's not a problem if you have VCDS - you just have to reset the airbag warning light.

Done it twice now whilst testing the new CCM and also when fitting a Dension Gateway 5!

If yo haven't got immediate access to VCDS you are driving round with the airbag warning light on, and who knows if your airbags would trigger or not if needed?

• 2 weeks later...

Problem fixed! .....and quite dissapointed at IGS in Eastleigh who did come highly recommended.

IGS diagnosed the issue as faulty motors in both front windows and suggested i have one of the rear windows rewired to restore the switching direction (up was down as down up). I sourced a front drivers motor at not inconsiderable expense and swapped it out, no change....as the car was going to Meadens in Sway this week anyway for injector recall work I asked them to run the diagnostics. They replaced one fuse and retrained the rear window, job done.