VAG COM and indicator tipping

Mike Austin

On the later Fabias, tipping the indicator automatically gives three blinks. I would like to have just one blink. Can a VAG COM fix it for me?

Also, I will be collecting a new Fabia 2.0 Elegance tomorrow. Are VAG COMs up to date (or can they be updated) for brand new cars?

On the later Fabias, tipping the indicator automatically gives three blinks. I would like to have just one blink.

Why not try it out before you decide. I find this feature VERY useful on mine - only just behind Cruise on the scale of "usefulness". I miss it greatly on my other car... which also, to confound problems indicating, has the stalk on the right!

Why not try it out before you decide.

I have tried it, when I tested a VRS. At first I tried to cancel it and just ended up indicating the other way, and then back again. I looked a right plonker on the motorway!

However, the main reason I want to be able to select the number of blinks is for when I am stuck behind a lorry on the inside lane of the motorway and I just want to indicate a wish to move out - without alarming someone about to overtake in the middle lane. Three blinks looks like a definite manoeuvre is about to take place.

I may be wrong but isn't moving out from behind someone - sort of a definite manoeuvre ?

Exactly just my thoughts :rofl:,

Its the 1 flashers thats meant the minimum flash indicators to become a legal requirement on new cars at least in Germany IIRC. On German AutoBahns - Too many drivers were giving 1 flash and then :eek: crash, bang, wallop.

John

I may be wrong but isn't moving out from behind someone - sort of a definite manoeuvre ?

Moving into someone else's way could cause them to swerve. Indicating that one is defintely going to do this could alarm them. One blink of the indicator is tentative and less likely to cause them to over react.

I looked like a right plonker in the courtesy Fabia I had. I overtook a slow moving lorry and he flashed his lights to say I could pull back in. Flicked the stalk left then right to wink "thanks" to him but ended up with 4 flashes left then 4 right then 4 left!