Oil leak near turbo

Pramods

Yesterday while looking at the engine bay I saw fresh oil in and around turbo and the source seems to be some where near turbo, has anyone seen this type of oil leak and what would be the cause? Service Center guys told me there is always some oil in and around turbo, not convinced I have booked my vehicle for checkup and fix, as the oil I see is dripping and all the way down to skid plate. Yeti current odo is 13K kms and the first 1year service was done in Dec at 11K kms, before that there was no oil anywhere, any suggestion on what might have gone wrong after service?

-Pramod

Its not the spill from past service, I cleaned the area as much as possible and drove for 100km and the oil was back, so its definitely leaking, I am more worried about as I have driven some 2K after the service before I spot this, the oil level seem to be OK, so this might possibly be a current leak and supposedly would not have damaged any internals anywhere! Have gone ahead and booked for a check and fix on Monday, hoping its get fixed and never reoccurs

-Pramod

Sounds like a loose oil feed pipe to the turbo. Hopefully not too much of a problem.

Phil

It does looks like loose oil feed line, may be some "O" ring replacement should do the task. I am very hopeful about this the service guys told me its gonna take 2 days I am not sure it gonna take that much time but I have to go by there word and way, will tell them to clean the engine and leaked oil, once fixed I would be able to identify if it gets bad again!

-Pramod

It's fine if your sensible and know what your doing.

Which unfortunately rules out most valeters I've come across.

Most wouldn’t even know what an ECU is let alone where it is.

Well basically, the engine bay was dripping with diesel, everything was covered. One of the fuel lines disconnected it's self from the common rail and we only noticed it after a 200 mile journey when the enginee wouldn't start. :(

Fortuantely the car wasn't sat on the drive. but on the road.

Dealer had no option to steam clean as they couldn't work on the engine as it was.

Have given my Yeti for the oil leak fix, it will be delivered back tomorrow, I am hoping its not major and get a permanent fix! will update all once I get my Yeti after the service. Have instructed them to clean the engine bay so it make easy to spot any oil traces in case it occurs again!

-Pramod

Update 31st Jan 2012: Received my Yeti back, they have cleaned the whole engine bay and have replaced a seal from where the oil was leaking, as per them it was on the outlet side and nothing to worry about, I will have to drive hard and keep an eye to see if it really fixed or not.

Edited by Pramods