What warning light is this?

kecai

Hi there, I'm hoping someone out there knows what this warning light means, looks kinda like this (O) except that the outer lines are dashed, there's nothing in the centre and it's orange. Also it's situation just below the airbag light.

Sorry about my description but I cant seem to attach a photo...

It's shown in a overview of warning lights in the owner's manual, but there's no explination as to what it is...I've read through about 10 times now.

Not sure if I'm missing something or what....

PS, It's a 2007 fabia 2

There are sensors in the front brake pads, once the pads wear down to a set limit the sensor is activated.

When activated the light is illuminated.

You need to replace the front brake pads.

BrakePadSensorWarningLight.jpg

aha!!! Now that makes sense, told my girlfriend the other day (it's her car) that the front pads looked low and would need replacement soon...guess it's time to head into quick-fit.

Wish the manual gave that info, thanks guys. :D

aha!!! Now that makes sense, told my girlfriend the other day (it's her car) that the front pads looked low and would need replacement soon...guess it's time to head into quick-fit.Wish the manual gave that info, thanks guys. :D

Do not head for Kwik Fit. If you are unable to fit the pads yourself then take the car to a garage that knows what they're doing. The chances are Kwik fit will tell you that you need new discs, tyres, shocks etc etc.

Do not head for Kwik Fit. If you are unable to fit the pads yourself then take the car to a garage that knows what they're doing. The chances are Kwik fit will tell you that you need new discs, tyres, shocks etc etc.

How on earth does the word 'Kwik Fit' get past the swear filter ?

thanks for the advice, just checked eurocarparts.com and the pads aren't that expensive so I'll give it a go myself (have changed pads before on my old astra and conquest and it wasn't too hard)

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the advice, just checked eurocarparts.com and the pads aren't that expensive so I'll give it a go myself (have changed pads before on my old astra and conquest and it wasn't too hard)

If the MK2 setup is anything like the MK1 ,then it's similar to Vauxhall ,with two hex(allen key)bolts securing the front pads .

Don't know where in Warks you are ,but if anywhere near Coventry ,try Nzanza parts .

On the other hand if you're South near the M40 -then MK is a short hop .That's where Unit 18 is .

And ,remember Kwik Fit slogan -"We'll f*** it " - as shared by a lot of these fast fit places .

Some say they're good for tyres - and then tell me how they managed to fit the tyre for a SWB low top Transit n the rear of a HI top LWB one .

Edited by VWD

If the MK2 setup is anything like the MK1 ,then it's similar to Vauxhall ,with two hex(allen key)bolts securing the front pads .

Don't know where in Warks you are ,but if anywhere near Coventry ,try Nzanza parts .

On the other hand if you're South near the M40 -then MK is a short hop .That's where Unit 18 is .

And ,remember Kwik Fit slogan -"We'll f*** it " - as shared by a lot of these fast fit places .

Some say they're good for tyres - and then tell me how they managed to fit the tyre for a SWB low top Transit n the rear of a HI top LWB one .

Cheers, sorted it out last weekend (Thankfully before the snow came down since I was working outside!)

20 quid for the OEM recommended pads from Europart, 3.99 for a 7mm hex bit socket from Halfords (This was an emergency purchase after I had taken the wheel off and discovered the bolts weren't 8mm hex as I'd thought...and my hex bit set jumps from 6 to 8!)

and an hour of my time (2 including having to go to Halfords!)

Not sure what quick fit would have charged but the mechanic down the road wanted 50 quid just for labour... :giggle:

Light is now off and the brakes are working just fine with no noises! :)

Interesting to note that the wear sensor is only on the front passenger wheel...