a few bits need replacing. what to get?

a few bits need to be replaced.

tyres - I've decide to go for falken 452's

brake pads and discs for the front? any suggestions?

I've got a set of spax coilovers to go on. what else should I replace at the same time?

which brake fluid do people use? I've always used Halfords 5.1 dot stuff. will this do or is there something better?

cheers in advance

matt

What Spax did you get? I've got the adjustable RSX on my Fabia and tbh they are pretty good if even after a few years they look a bit dog eared.

Well worth changing top mounts and bearings with the front struts and new top mountings and bump stops on the back is a wise move.

Brake fluid wise I think the Halfords 5.1 is pretty good, might be better off with a Super DOT4 mind, a lot of good reviews of the Motul brand.

Tyres - dont be a cheap skate and buy something good.

Get Michelin Pilot Sport 3s. Yes they are expensive but they are spectacular wet or dry and last ages.

If your fitting things like different suspension then handling/grip must be a priority to you. Tyres will provide more grip and cornering speed than any suspension, regardless of price!!! They will also allow you to stop a lot better.

Brake fluid - For any road conditions Halfords 5.1 will be fine.

Brakes - get standard Pagid disks from ECP.

Pads - ever had fade? if no then get OEM Pagid from ECP. If you have had fade and want the ultimate brakes you will never fade... buy Ferodo DS2500 pads for the front. They are expensive (about £140) but are worth every penny times 100.

Again though, your braking ability is limited by the grip (tyres). You could have the biggest most expensive brakes in the world but on Falkens etc you wont be stopping any shorter than somebody running standard brakes and Michelin PS3 tyres.

A lot of people will try argue with the above - but if anybody lives near Leeds and wants a demonstration send me a PM - anything to help people see the light :)

Edited by Fred44

I had falken 912 I think they were. 4brand new tyres lasted me a month. Ok cars lowered and tracking was out but 2k miles and the insides were shredded. The tyres were as soft as poo I now have yokohoma s.drive done 1k miles still look brand new, and very good in wet and dry, don't think they are bank breaking either, the ride is so much better now. I'm not going anywhere near falkens ever again I would much rather drive around on my disk breaks. They would last longer and be a smother ride!!