luk or sachs dmf & clutch kits?

as the title says..just had pm,stating i need a dual mass fly wheel and clutch replacing on my skoda octavia 1.9 tdi estate 55 reg, any way i looked on ebay & £425 was the sachs 1,after i picked myself of the floor"..ive discovered there is also a brand called LUK with similar prices..anyone know which one is the best out of them both??????????? thanks guys..skodaman3.

I recall the LUK being dubbed 'Lurpak' on the gti forums due to it being fitted to the original MK5 an suffering quite a few failures. Pretty sure it switched to Sachs after that. If they are the same price, I would get the Sachs. Only my opinion of course.

If you look on sachs web site I think you can get them cheaper than the ebay price.

I have just had my luk clutch only changed for the second time, had the dmf removed at 44k fist one did 150k taxi miles

Edited by skippy41

If you look on sachs web site I think you can get them cheaper than the ebay price.

I have just had my luk clutch only changed for the second time, had the dmf removed at 44k fist one did 150k taxi miles

thanks for the reply..mines a taxi also,i will checkout sachs website now,skoda dealers quoted me £900 all in and said they would recommend smf from sachs,thats how much they charge in liverpool ,i wont be paying dealer price thats for sure!!!!!

how do you find it? is it louder rattly like some people say,or just the same? im definateley getting mine converted to smf,cheaper in the long run.

There is no rattle its very quiet, and the car seams to have more get up and go, and the clutch is lighter