Stone Chips

emsco

I don't know what it is but my vrs seems to hit every bit of loose chippings on the road with the leading edge of the bonnet, got one last week and lo and behold another today. :thumbdown:

My question is, has anyone got ventureshield or paintshield on their bonnets/bumpers to protect the areas. Any idea on prices?

It's all to do with how high the vRS sits.

I've been lucky regarding stone chips on the paintwork but have lost count on how many windscreen chips I've had in the last year!

Due to the high excess per claim, I'm waiting until the windscreen is completely beyond reasonable repair ,otherwise I'll be claiming every week! :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a mere 1.2 TSI driver (so obviously don't get up to the same velocity as you chaps) but certainly think the paint is too easy to chip. At last count 15 chips through to metal, including 1 in centre of drivers door! Only 7500 miles on clock too.

There is not really a good way to avoid these unless you cover the bonnet with a clear film - I wouldn't bother though for many reasons.

I was cruising the other day (tops 40Kph) and while going under a bridge I nice tiny stone hit my windscreen with such force that scared the hell out of me.

I now believe it probably fell off the oncoming traffic above me - now I got a nice little crack right where the black frame of the window is.

Some cars are worse than others. Elise/Exiges get battered on the front end as so Suzuki Swifts. I've been lucky so far but I don't tailgate, keep about 2-3secs back and on rare occasions when I get overtaken I ease right off