inst cluster fuses

porky2

I have still problems with my inst. cluster. Have had the soldered joints checked at my local electronics shop - no different. Does work occasionally but only for a few seconds. When I had trouble with a leaking rad it would work sometimes ok for the full time of a journey or journeys. Now the leak is sorted (after the 3rd rad) it very rarely works only for a few seconds. I did read that u could try removing a fuse but I have searched the forums without success. must get it sorted asap as its due for mot shortly Can anyone help

Tel

Yes had all the joints were checked by the local electronics engineer who recognised it straight away as being Skoda.Ithen bought a used cluster which then needed setting up to the ecu. & when I asked Skoda the cost it was going to be more than the cars worth so tomorrow is D Day when I try this fuse

Thanks Again

Tel

the new cluster only needs immobilizer adaptation. this can be done by anyone with vag-com.

a second thing the dealer would to is set the total traveled miles to match the old cluster.

imo neither of these tasks deserve a main dealer visit...

Bingo fuse 15 did the trick. U have no idea how pleasedI am for your help in sorting this SWMBO was threatning me with a NEW LIME GREEN Hyundi. Had a few drinks to celebrate nipping that in the bud!

Thanks once again for your help

Tel :D