It's HERE TOO!

Zippyijk

Well like weasley my Yeti has just arrived :)

Ordered on 3rd September 2011 and arrived 6th February 2012 so 5 months give or take a day or two.

Its a black 1.6 TDI greenline Elegance (top spec in ireland) with Gobi leather interior, black floors, and brushed silver inset.

It has heated seats, heated washer jets, an amundsen+ sat nav with bluetooth and other stuff I can't remember right now.

I've been very sick lately...only out of hospital on saturday, so I was pretty knackered after signing for it when it was delivered to my house so I haven't driven it yet.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

VCDS will be plugged in as soon as I get some energy up and I'll do a few quick modes to it.

Well like weasley my Yeti has just arrived :)

Ordered on 3rd September 2011 and arrived 6th February 2012 so 5 months give or take a day or two.

Its a black 1.6 TDI greenline Elegance (top spec in ireland) with Gobi leather interior, black floors, and brushed silver inset.

It has heated seats, heated washer jets, an amundsen+ sat nav with bluetooth and other stuff I can't remember right now.

I've been very sick lately...only out of hospital on saturday, so I was pretty knackered after signing for it when it was delivered to my house so I haven't driven it yet.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

VCDS will be plugged in as soon as I get some energy up and I'll do a few quick modes to it.

Wishing you good health to enjoy your new Yeti. Let us know if it came with auto dimming mirrors and rain sensing wipers.

Wishing you good health to enjoy your new Yeti. Let us know if it came with auto dimming mirrors and rain sensing wipers.

Thanks!

Its not got an auto dimming mirror, very dissapointed with that

Not sure about the rain sensing wipers yet

It has auto lights.

Thanks!

Its not got an auto dimming mirror, very dissapointed with that

Not sure about the rain sensing wipers yet

It has auto lights.

Sounds like it hasn't got the rain sensing wipers either as I think they come as a package with the autodimming mirrors. Mine's the same so I might contact Skoda IRL and complain as it clearly listed in in the price and spec sheet otherwise I would have added them to my order. Wish I had gone for the heated seats as they'd come in handy this weather. The Amunsden sat nav is better than I thought it would be although I think the Navteq mapping in my Garmin is more accurate for Ireland, route calculation can be a bit weird aswell. The Gobi interior should look well with the black exterior. What VCDS mods are you planning?

Edited by Photoemt

Sounds like it hasn't got the rain sensing wipers either as I think they come as a package with the autodimming mirrors. Mine's the same so I might contact Skoda IRL and complain as it clearly listed in in the price and spec sheet otherwise I would have added them to my order. Wish I had gone for the heated seats as they'd come in handy this weather. The Amunsden sat nav is better than I thought it would be although I think the Navteq mapping in my Garmin is more accurate for Ireland, route calculation can be a bit weird aswell. The Gobi interior should look well with the black exterior. What VCDS mods are you planning?

Well I thought the same but I checked the spec list...

"Electrically adjustable auto-dimming heated external mirrors with Boarding Spot entry illumination"

The wing mirrors are auto dimming (great feature btw) but nowhere in any spec sheet does it say the internal mirror is dimming.

Its probably the biggest internal mirror I've ever seen :)

The wife took the car this morning....typical :wonder: so I can't check the auto wipers, just need to check the positions available on the wiper stalk to know if it has it.

Took it for a 5 minute drive last night, very happy with it. More "poke" than I expected from the 1.6TDI 105bhp. Obviously no where near my old mapped 2.0TFSI but it'll do for getting from A to B.

You asked about the VCDS mods. Well I'll enable the alarm chirp on lock, the staging (needle sweep), mess with the DRL's, stiffen up the steering (very light at present), then I'll go through all the modules and see what else its possible to change :) I'll post up a module list after I get a chance to scan it.

Well I thought the same but I checked the spec list...

"Electrically adjustable auto-dimming heated external mirrors with Boarding Spot entry illumination"

The wing mirrors are auto dimming (great feature btw) but nowhere in any spec sheet does it say the internal mirror is dimming.

Its probably the biggest internal mirror I've ever seen :)

The wife took the car this morning....typical :wonder: so I can't check the auto wipers, just need to check the positions available on the wiper stalk to know if it has it.

Took it for a 5 minute drive last night, very happy with it. More "poke" than I expected from the 1.6TDI 105bhp. Obviously no where near my old mapped 2.0TFSI but it'll do for getting from A to B.

You asked about the VCDS mods. Well I'll enable the alarm chirp on lock, the staging (needle sweep), mess with the DRL's, stiffen up the steering (very light at present), then I'll go through all the modules and see what else its possible to change :) I'll post up a module list after I get a chance to scan it.

I've just checked the spec sheet and you're right. Its the same with the roof rails the Ambition and Elegance used to come with silver roof rails but these have been removed from the list. All these are to keep the price down I expect. The 1.6TDi has around the same amount of poke as my previous 110TDi with better fuel economy expected when it loosens up. How much of the five months wait was down to your work sorting out the lease with the lease company as opposed to the normal Skoda order/build process to delivery time.

Edited by Photoemt

I've just checked the spec sheet and you're right. Its the same with the roof rails the Ambition and Elegance used to come with silver roof rails but these have been removed from the list. All these are to keep the price down I expect. The 1.6TDi has around the same amount of poke as my previous 110TDi with better fuel economy expected when it loosens up. How much of the five months wait was down to your work sorting out the lease with the lease company as opposed to the normal Skoda order/build process to delivery time.

The roof rails are silver on mine?

The car has been in Ireland for the last 3 weeks so I'd say take 4 weeks away for the lease company so 4 months from order to delivery.

Hope you get better pretty soon to enjoy your Beastie!

As to the alarm chirp you do not need VCDS to set that. It is a standard setting in the Maxidot called "ATA Confirm". Yes, a very descriptive name for it isn't it? Everyone will know what that box does when you tick it. NOT.

You'll be none-the-wiser. I ordered the rain sensor and light assistant and I was obviously sat in the car last night checking I had everything I had ordered - the lights are easy to spot as you have the "Auto" setting on the light switch but the wiper stalk shows no signs of automation. The first 'up' click looks just like a standard intermittent setting and you have the variable intermittent setting on top of the stalk, but this first stage is Auto if you have the auto wipers. If not, it is just regular intermittent. The only way I could convince myself I had auto wipers was to switch to position 1 and see what happened. It was dry and what happened was it gave one sweep of the wipers and then did nothing.

Further digging through the car set-up revealed the 'auto window closure when raining' setting, which confirms the presence of auto wipers. Finally, this morning it was a bit drizzly and the wipers behaved like auto wipers should.

The roof rails are silver on mine?

The car has been in Ireland for the last 3 weeks so I'd say take 4 weeks away for the lease company so 4 months from order to delivery.

Mine are black I wonder is it possible and not overly expensive to retrofit the silver ones.

Mine are black I wonder is it possible and not overly expensive to retrofit the silver ones.

It probably is possible but it will be more than the £100 odd Škoda asks for it as a factory fit. And in my book they look super weird when fitted with the front and back ends being black! Had the ends also been silver then yes they might look fine but this half and half business looks cheap and tacky (in my view and that is my view only! :giggle: Apologies to everyone I'm upsetting in saying this! :giggle: )

It probably is possible but it will be more than the £100 odd Škoda asks for it as a factory fit. And in my book they look super weird when fitted with the front and back ends being black! Had the ends also been silver then yes they might look fine but this half and half business looks cheap and tacky (in my view and that is my view only! :giggle: Apologies to everyone I'm upsetting in saying this! :giggle: )

I thought they looked ok, but the black ones are ok aswell so I think I'll hold onto my money and keep the Troica happy for now.

I thought they looked ok, but the black ones are ok aswell so I think I'll hold onto my money and keep the Troica happy for now.

As I said each to their own. But just a bit of history as well. The original Yeti Concept from 2005 had roof rails that formed a single line with the front A-pillars. Thus these flowed from the base of the windscreen all the way over the roof of the car and merged into the rear lights. In black. The production car's roof rails sort of does this too and that is why from a pure design point of view (in my book anyway) to be true to the original design, the roof bars have to be black from tip to toe.

skoda-yeti-01.jpg

As I said each to their own. But just a bit of history as well. The original Yeti Concept from 2005 had roof rails that formed a single line with the front A-pillars. Thus these flowed from the base of the windscreen all the way over the roof of the car and merged into the rear lights. In black. The production car's roof rails sort of does this too and that is why from a pure design point of view (in my book anyway) to be true to the original design, the roof bars have to be black from tip to toe.

skoda-yeti-01.jpg

Love the Montego door handles!

Had ours in for service and spoke with sales.

Was planning to wait until 2013 to change but got what could be a good offer so will check pricing with a few other dealers here in Ireland.

It's more advantageous for me to stick with 2.0 diesel rather than go greenline but the standard spec is well down on the 2010 Ambition model.

No Bolero

No Cruise Control

No Auto Dimming Mirror

No Lumbar Support

No Rear Mudflaps

Still 17" wheels with Dunlop rubber

Could go Elegance spec for not too much more but would need to get new passenger seat swivel mechanism at a cost of close to €2k installed.

Skoda were sixth in sales table for January 2011 but the value in the brand seems to have been trimmed back anecdotal/hearsay from industry is that SEAT are getting the push from VW Ireland over Skoda

Had ours in for service and spoke with sales.

Was planning to wait until 2013 to change but got what could be a good offer so will check pricing with a few other dealers here in Ireland.

It's more advantageous for me to stick with 2.0 diesel rather than go greenline but the standard spec is well down on the 2010 Ambition model.

No Bolero

No Cruise Control

No Auto Dimming Mirror

No Lumbar Support

No Rear Mudflaps

Still 17" wheels with Dunlop rubber

Could go Elegance spec for not too much more but would need to get new passenger seat swivel mechanism at a cost of close to €2k installed.

Skoda were sixth in sales table for January 2011 but the value in the brand seems to have been trimmed back anecdotal/hearsay from industry is that SEAT are getting the push from VW Ireland over Skoda

I've heard that the new man in charge of VW Ireland was over the Seat brand in UK and is trying to build up their sales which up to now have been disappointing. But I also think that the spec was trimmed back to keep the prices down. If you find a dealer stock model to suit your needs it may have the Amunsden radio unit if it was ordered by the dealer between Nov and December 2011. I changed from a 2010 Ambition model to an Elegance spec for the same reason and found it was worthwhile shopping around. There was the option of getting an Ambition and adding the adventure pack but that was more expensive than the Elegance altough you do get the sunroof. PM me if you want and I'll give you an idea of the offers I recieved to change. It might also be worth looking at the 2.0litre 140 Greentech model altough it is more expensive.

Edited by Photoemt

Hope you get better pretty soon to enjoy your Beastie!

As to the alarm chirp you do not need VCDS to set that. It is a standard setting in the Maxidot called "ATA Confirm". Yes, a very descriptive name for it isn't it? Everyone will know what that box does when you tick it. NOT.

Had a look at the maxidot and can't find that option?

I don't have auto wipers, though I expected that as it was available as an add on pack.

Those cornering fogs are rather annoying aren't they. They serve no purpose in the city as far as I can see and they will no doubt annoy other road users as the fogs are fairly high up in comparison to other cars and in peoples eyes more.

Well here are the pics...

My Yeti

Had a look at the maxidot and can't find that option?

I don't have auto wipers, though I expected that as it was available as an add on pack.

Those cornering fogs are rather annoying aren't they. They serve no purpose in the city as far as I can see and they will no doubt annoy other road users as the fogs are fairly high up in comparison to other cars and in peoples eyes more.

Well here are the pics...

My Yeti

Looks really well in Black with the sunset glass and Gobi interior. The cornering fogs can be turned off in Maxidot altough as I live in the sticks I find them very useful. If I was living in the big smoke I might not use them as much.

I've heard that the new man in charge of VW Ireland was over the Seat brand in UK and is trying to build up their sales which up to now have been disappointing. But I also think that the spec was trimmed back to keep the prices down. If you find a dealer stock model to suit your needs it may have the Amunsden radio unit if it was ordered by the dealer between Nov and December 2011. I changed from a 2010 Ambition model to an Elegance spec for the same reason and found it was worthwhile shopping around. There was the option of getting an Ambition and adding the adventure pack but that was more expensive than the Elegance altough you do get the sunroof. PM me if you want and I'll give you an idea of the offers I recieved to change. It might also be worth looking at the 2.0litre 140 Greentech model altough it is more expensive.

I can't change until 29th May earliest though in reality it'll be up to four weeks after that I can take delivery.

Looked at greentech model but cost of change is too much.

Today, visited another dealer and their costing were way off valuing current as €17k as a trade in.

Will visit a Dublin and another country dealer over next week and decide.

Seems Yeti's are favoured by us snappers ;)

Will visit a Dublin and another country dealer over next week and decide.

Seems Yeti's are favoured by us snappers ;)

Seems to be alright although I only do it as a hobby. The shape of the boot is ideal for all the gear. If you haven't already tried TMC cars, they might be worth a shout as I got the best deal from him after pricing around other Skoda dealers.

Edited by Photoemt