Coolant temp/level light flashing on startup in cold

during the recent cold snap my coolant temp/level light has been flashing when i startup,switch the engine off n on n its okay. . :-$

the level is fine.

any ideas on what it could be?. . the sensor is at the top of the tank I've noticed,could.it be getting a little frost on it and affecting.it? . .

i had this exact problem, was like this for at least 2 months. it took the dealer 3 seperate visits until they sorted it. they updated some software the second time (was shown a service bulitin that refered to a change in voltage across a sensor due to tarnishing or some such thing)this worked for about a week but it then started again. they finally decided it was the tank sensor, they changed it there and then. was £12 for the part and £85 for fitting/vat :doh:

i had this exact problem, was like this for at least 2 months. it took the dealer 3 seperate visits until they sorted it. they updated some software the second time (was shown a service bulitin that refered to a change in voltage across a sensor due to tarnishing or some such thing)this worked for about a week but it then started again. they finally decided it was the tank sensor, they changed it there and then. was £12 for the part and £85 for fitting/vat :doh:

£85 for fitting :o thats daylight robberey