Removing Hu

OK, this is probably an old chestnut but an hour searching the forums is just tooo much:o

Anybody know what (if any) manufacturer's removal tools will work on a Symphony? The VW ones look as though they might - any ideas?

Long round trip to a dealer for me and anyway, rather have access to the right tools all the time!:)

I used the pin that shoves out of one of those measure thingies... uhm... thats not really helpfull...

*looks for link

darn, cant find any pictures now...

hammer who mentioned a hammer don't set me off the proper tool is a t1005 all you need is a piece of metal about 3-4 mm wide stick in slots and away you go

Think I'll try the picture hooks - always get a sore thumb from them so at last, a use for them. Actually, usually get a sore thumb from a sledgehammer so perhaps....

Nice one!:cheers:

When I had locked out my Syphony unit and was waiting for the dealer to get me the code, I invested in a pair of Kenwood removing tools ( strip of metal about 4 mm wide) purchased from Halfords just in case they worked.....guess what they did.

Cheers

Originally posted by big k in this post

hammer who mentioned a hammer don't set me off the proper tool is a t1005 all you need is a piece of metal about 3-4 mm wide stick in slots and away you go

Do I have to hammer them in???:D

Originally posted by Kentish in this post

When I had locked out my Syphony unit and was waiting for the dealer to get me the code, I invested in a pair of Kenwood removing tools ( strip of metal about 4 mm wide) purchased from Halfords just in case they worked.....guess what they did.

Cheers

Now I'm getting spoilt for choice! A scientific experimentation beckons! :mircowave

Progress will be reported!

Originally posted by Stimps in this post

It's amazing how the mere mention of the word "Hammer" has Big K posting in reply to any thread within minutes :D:):D

:rofl:

Originally posted by Stimps in this post

You can just see the "hammer signal" now, similar to the bat-signal! :)

yeah just like mc hammer said it's "hammer time" :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

I find that feeler gauge works fine. You do need to "help" it out and, as I only have 1, I had to do Left side then right etc. Pushing finger inside cassette slot and pulling gently while feeler gauge is in seems to do the trick.