Tuning plan...

Planning to make the following mods to my 2001 Octy VRS.

FMIC

Cold Air Kit

Forge Splitter Valve

Injectors (450cc)

4Bar Reg

6Bar Pump

De-cat

Then once all fitted Custom Code map...

I know everyone will say hybrid k03 or a k04 conversion but not wanting to go crazy cashwise. (FMIC is coming from a friend who totalled a 340bhp bora with k04.)

Is there much benifit from the fueling mods without changing the turbo???

Aiming for around the 240-250 bhp mark.

Any comments welcome except.... GET A TURBO UPGRADE!!!

FMIC ( yes ) Cold Air Kit ( standard airbox with panel filter with cold air feed yes)

Forge Splitter Valve ( no get the 007 recirc one then yes)Injectors (450cc) ( pointless)

4Bar Reg ( pointless unless you go revo i think??) 6Bar Pump ( pointless)

De-cat ( yes as long as its decat downpipe)Then once all fitted Custom Code map...

I know everyone will say hybrid k03 or a k04 conversion but not wanting to go crazy cashwise. (FMIC is coming from a friend who totalled a 340bhp bora with k04.)

Aiming for around the 240-250 bhp mark. ( aim for 230ish on a stage 2 map )Any comments welcome except.... GET A TURBO UPGRADE!!!

FMIC YES

Cold Air Kit. YES (if you like the noise) or fit a panel filter and mod your airbox with a 3" feed)

Forge Splitter Valve NO fit a 007 or compbrake

Injectors (450cc). No need

4Bar Reg no point unless revo mapped

6Bar Pump. No need

De-cat. Definitely a de-cat downpipe and system

Then once all fitted Custom Code map... Deffinately NOT!...shark performance aren't to far from you, based in Mansfield. Much better IMO

Aiming for around the 240-250 bhp mark.

Any comments welcome except.... GET A TURBO UPGRADE!!!

Agreed with the above

No point upgrading the injectors etc unless you're changing to anything other than the standard turbo.

The split-R is pointless the 007P will be £20 cheaper and if you're getting a CAI that will give you the whoosh noise anyway

I would avoid Custom Code they have been around for donkeys years but their maps have a reputation for using silly high boost, you'd be better off with R-Tech or Shark.

And I've never seen a mk1 VRS with 250bhp even with every bolt on mod under the sun, not seen many that have done (reliably) more than 240bhp either. As Clive said 230bhp is a much more realistic figure

Thanks for all the advice guys, will check out shark. Car already has a diverter fitted so will check if its a 007p and its already got a K&N panel filter so might mod the box.

Glad to hear i can save some cash and not waste it on the fuelling.

Much appreciated

mines got a cold feed kit, sport cat and full exhaust, boost controller, diverter valve, jabba remap and rr shows 230bhp.

i think its abit optamistic but it feels bloody rapid. i think il be getting a front mount tho cos at those horses im sure things will be getting hot

If it's a Jabba printout their rollers used to be very optimistic back in the day (5 or 6 years ago this was), they used to advertise 220bhp from just a remap alone, most places now will quote 210bhp.

And yeah FMIC would be a good idea, that RR printout must have been taken on a stone cold run, it will lose loads of power when it's hot if it's running the standard SMIC. I did some logging on a mates car in winter 2010 after a stage 1 remap, first run was 20 degrees intake temp and 213bhp, by the third run it was over 40 degrees and the car was down to 193bhp :(

As mentioned by members above... changing the FPR and injectors is pointless on the standard turbo.

We have alot of customer running 240hp and 270lbs/ft torque on stock FPR and injectors.

Decat is a cheaper option but obviously for motorsport use only :giggle:

An ideal set up without changing the turbo would be:

1. Turbo-back exhaust system with sports cat/decat
  2. Pipercross panel filter. We have cars running at 330hp on the stock airbox
  3. Forge 007P valve
  4. Custom remap carried out on dyno

Hey Chick :rofl:

yeah i thought it would be optimistic :giggle:

i dont bother turning the boost up in this weather, its pointless cos the wheels just spin in every gear but when the better weather comes il have a fmic on and get on the rollers :D

I've nearly fitted the FMIC. Its looking good and managing to get the 3inch pipe behind the headlamp on the drivers side to the throttle body. Can't wait to get it finished so I can get the de-cat pipe on. Think it'll have to wait to buy the rest of the stainless system... has anyone got a de-cat/sports cat on a standard centre and back box???