fl climatronic retrofit

I already tried to put 5G0907044R in my octavia 2006 and it is not working, can this part number be compatible with my car?

No

Your car is not an MQB car

if you want that style then you need to find a climate panel that is from a vw cc or scirocco

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed  5K0 907 044EK (earlier I had 1Z0 907 044S) in my 2007 PreFL (I have single motor) and now i have following issues.

1. I Did 'Compressor Run In, Automatic Start' through VCDS basic settings, which happened successfully and cooling started; then I selected 'Compressor Run In, Manual Start' now AC LED keeps blinking and there is no cooling :(. I tried switch off/on but still LED keeps blinking.

2. Mine is RHD, with my stock climatronic right side temp knob used to control both left and right. With upgrade left side temp knob is controlling both side. Any coding needs to be done for correction?

3. Air flows through the vents only when recirculation is selected (i had this problem with my stock climatronic also).

Please help.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, so just monitoring this topic, got a few questions as the info on his is spread across several pages and I got a bit lost:

Got a '58 plate L&K, IF I get a Mk2 fl unit, part #3t0907044bs, will the heated seats work straight off the bat or do I need a new loom of some sort? (lots of mentions of kufatec looms on here is all)

Will my car have the one flap or two flap motors: what age was the 'changeover'?

Apart from the AQS if I don't fit one, are there any issues that should be expected?

How much of a pig is wiring in the aqs and does the sensor fit straight into somewhere in the airbox or do I THEN need a different airbox as well?

As I've retrofitted a Bolero, should the display pop up again when I fit this as it's missing with the existing unit?

What's the little round button looking bit for in the centre of the unit?

Cheers

Edited by blackspaven

It's just the minor wiring change for pins 16 and 20 and it will all work, assuming you have heated seats already.  The flaps aren't on an issue on a 58 plate.

I fitted the same to my 08 L&K and the only issue was the missing AQS and the fact the temperature range drops from 16-29 to 18-26 which is a bit tight I think.

I eventually bought an AQS which is relatively easily wired in - you need to take the wires through the bulk head grommet and fit the sensor in the plenum chamber below the passenger wiper.  But it doesn't make much difference - I've never noticed mine kick in!!  I haven't got that central button mine.

Edited by adamal

It should show on the Bolero yes. It does on my Columbus. The AQS senses bad air and shuts the intake flap I think, assuming the A switch is selected (it's a toggle between closed , open and switched open). As I say I've never detected it doing anything in mine.

WIll it kick up fault codes if the AQS isn't there then? Guessing you actually have it fitted so was it a pain to install and does it go straight in cos I understand it sits in the air plenum chamber somewhere so does it need a new chamber/box with some sort of moulding to fit the AQS or will it fit/clip in to a pre-fl without any need for new parts? Just wondering if the fl it was designed for is built slightly differently to accomodate it. (Sorry, not sure what it looks like and where it fits so I'm a bit vague on what and where it is)

All good questions. It just clips in the plenum chamber and the only pain is feeding the wire through the bulkhead, otherwise its straightforward and no other parts required if it comes with a loom. That donor car in your other thread should have one.

It throws a VCDS fault if not present but no other adverse issues as far as I could see before I fitted it.

Search "g238 air quality sensor" on goggle for some more help.

Edited by adamal
Added search

Cheers Adamal, had a think about it and realised I have mine sitting on 16-17 most of the time and as the new unit doesn't go down that far I think I'm gonna give it a miss, and I've lived this long without the display, so I've decided to put my unit on ebay instead. Got the silver surround with it which I was gonna get vinylwrapped or summat to get it to match the piano black interior bits so I suppose it's money I can put towards another project or other. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201830091340?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 5 months later...

hello!

i have changed  the smd red light from climatronic with green smd.

Job done but the green smd intensity is much lower than the red smd....so i guess i have to change the smd rezistors too.

The problem is i don't know which is that...

Can anyone help me?

clima.jpg

On 23/02/2017 at 10:20, blackspaven said:

Cheers Adamal, had a think about it and realised I have mine sitting on 16-17 most of the time and as the new unit doesn't go down that far I think I'm gonna give it a miss, and I've lived this long without the display, so I've decided to put my unit on ebay instead. Got the silver surround with it which I was gonna get vinylwrapped or summat to get it to match the piano black interior bits so I suppose it's money I can put towards another project or other. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201830091340?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Still available if anyone wants it. Turns out I got the wrong one, one which doesn't have the heated seat option which I never noticed when I pulled it out! DOh!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202014782475?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...