Reversing alarm advice

Toka

Anyone had their reversing alarm come on for no particular reason. Dont know if it could be ice or anything like that but in the past 24 hours the alarm sounds when you put it in reverse all the time. Nothing has changed with the car and all appears ok underneath [wondering if i had knocked something down/out etc, but nothing obvious.

It does need a good clean as well but does anyone else know of this issue or had simialr?

atb

Edited by Toka

It does need a good clean as well but does anyone else know of this issue or had simialr?

Dirty sensors on the rear bumper - give the sensors/bumper a good clean and then the next step would be to check the wiring to the sensors. Is this factory fact / retro VAG / a.n.other kit?

• 3 weeks later...

hi...sorry didnt realise i had had any responses..lol.

it is the factory fitted sensors. i thought intially it was a layer of ice because it was cold...i think i had a few days where it didnt sound but then i cleaned the car with the new powerwasher. since then again it is constant, as soon as you start to move backwards and the dashboard diagram inside seems to show an object immediately behind so the beeping is constant and furious. i will try again tomorrow to give them a good clean but am wondering if it could be water somewhere causing a short or something?

atb