Annoying "bong" when the phone connects.......

The noise is set to the same volume as when you make a phone call. If you turn the volume down just as it makes the noise or when you are turning the engine off it changes the volume of the bong noise. Unfortunately it also changes the volume so next time someone calls it is not very loud

Further to the bong, I called in my local Skoda dealer (not where I bought the car from) and asked what it would cost to switch it off and to alter the central locking to global......£50 + VAT sir........please bend over and we'll slap the other cheek as well!!!!

Anyway I've notice another couple of quirks which my be related to my equipment rather than the car.

When I have the media selected on the sat nav playing my ipod nano (6th generation), a song ends, there is a short pause, the new song starts but only for a fraction of a second, another short pause and then the song starts again and plays. It doesn't seem to do it on every track.

When I get in the car and turn the ignition on, my phone (Blackberry 9800) connects instantly. About 5 seconds later it loses connection. If I try to reconnect using the maxidot controls it won't find it, then about 1 minute later it reconnects by itself and stays connected. Its only started doing it in the last few days and it doesn't seem to matter where the phone is.

Any thoughts out there?

• 2 weeks later...

With reference to phone connection issues, I now know what causes it but I'm still in the dark as to why. As I said, turn the ignition on and it instantly connects every time but occasionally looses connection for about a minute. Turns out the minutes loss is because the phone restarts itself for some unknown reason. As soon as its run up, it reconnects and stays that way. Went out tonight, did four short journeys, connected twice, failed twice.

I think I'm going to try on my old phone to see if its a phone (Blackberry 9800) related issue.