FL vRS - Rain Sensors...assuming I have some...somewhere.

I've managed to get a lovely crack in my front windscreen. Looks like it was a stone-chip at some stage, however was too low to be seen whilst in the car.

Cold weather and inside heating has caused the stone-chip to become an inverted L shaped 5" crack.

Anyway, Aviva have arranged for someone from Autoglass to come out this afternoon and fit me a new screen. Once they had confirmed the car make/model they asked me "Do you have rain sensors?"

Well I do have auto wipers, which of course start swiping once there is some water on the screen, so I'm assuming I do have some rain sensors somewhere.

Are they related to a windscreen replacement? Where abouts are these sensors?

Just want to make sure I've still got all my features once the windscreen has been replaced.

I've managed to get a lovely crack in my front windscreen. Looks like it was a stone-chip at some stage, however was too low to be seen whilst in the car.

Cold weather and inside heating has caused the stone-chip to become an inverted L shaped 5" crack.

Anyway, Aviva have arranged for someone from Autoglass to come out this afternoon and fit me a new screen. Once they had confirmed the car make/model they asked me "Do you have rain sensors?"

Well I do have auto wipers, which of course start swiping once there is some water on the screen, so I'm assuming I do have some rain sensors somewhere.

Are they related to a windscreen replacement? Where abouts are these sensors?

Just want to make sure I've still got all my features once the windscreen has been replaced.

Yes you do then, you will also have auto lights.

The rain sensor are those little clear LED looking things that you can see from outside through the windscreen at the top by the rear view mirror.

So they probably want to check they get the correct windscreen as the heavy tinted section is shaped with a cut-out for the sensors.

Not necessarily.Both my Elegances have rain sensors and auto wipers, but neither have auto lights.

Mike

The light sensor is still there though....for the puddle-lights. ;)

Autoglass man came out - with proper OEM glass, had Skoda markings on it and everything.

Before he fitted it he checked......mislabeled glass!

I've got the glass for a pre-FL Octy.

The Rain Sensor assembly is about 2cm higher on the pre-FL glass. This means if you fit it to a FL you cannot connect the rain sensors, the wires are simply not long enough.

So correct glass ordered and I'll have it fitted tomorrow.

Thank god he checked before removing the old glass!

Not necessarily.Both my Elegances have rain sensors and auto wipers, but neither have auto lights.

Mike

On the later vRS's it was a single option that was Auto wipers, auto lights, dimming mirror etc, (even though the dimming mirror was listed as standard on the vRS).

So probably depends on the trim and model year.

So yes the OP has rain sensors, but may or may not have auto lights.

Autoglass man came out - with proper OEM glass, had Skoda markings on it and everything.

Before he fitted it he checked......mislabeled glass!

I've got the glass for a pre-FL Octy.

The Rain Sensor assembly is about 2cm higher on the pre-FL glass. This means if you fit it to a FL you cannot connect the rain sensors, the wires are simply not long enough.

So correct glass ordered and I'll have it fitted tomorrow.

Thank god he checked before removing the old glass!

Thank god indeed, another tick for Autoglass :thumbup:

Mike

If you have rain sensors you can retrofit auto lights ....