Sticking VNT?

lokqust

Hi all,

I've had my 54 plate ASZ vRS for a year now and when I first got it I did a full service and noticed since that my car would very occasionally make a kind of scraping noise, metal on metal at high RPM and I would lose boost for the duration of the noise, about 5 to 10 seconds. There has never been any smoke or warning lights and VAGCOM hasn't logged any errors. That was a year ago.

Fast forward to this week and the noise and boost loss is back. It only happens when Im dropping speed or accelerating, never at a constant pace and is when the car has fully warmed up. I would record the noise but it strikes randomly but when it does is very, very loud.

Any one have an idea what it is at all?

Any help greatly received and good karma will be yours.

Im going to do a full service next week and inspect all the pipes for leaks etc but if I can't find anything I guess I'll have to wait until it turns into something more serious and obvious.

Out of curiosity, what is needed to run circa 200 BHP? Is it purley a case of a pd150 hybrid bolted straight on and an FMIC? Obviously a clutch/FW and brake upgrade aswell.

Im going to do a full service next week and inspect all the pipes for leaks etc but if I can't find anything I guess I'll have to wait until it turns into something more serious and obvious.

Out of curiosity, what is needed to run circa 200 BHP? Is it purley a case of a pd150 hybrid bolted straight on and an FMIC? Obviously a clutch/FW and brake upgrade aswell.

And a map to suit :thumbup:

On a note about servicing, the VW 507.00 spec oil replaces the older 505.01 that was originally recommended for the vRS and is safe to use now if I remember right? I use the Halfords vw specific in my services which is 507.00