I'm having a nightmare...

carnivorous

Nevermind, my mate is a motorsports engineer and he's just come back to me saying "that's good enough for a road car".

LOL

Happy days I guess. I swear I'm going insane..... :D

The mind is a funny thing with things like this. It is exactly how I feel about the supposed better ride on 16" wheels vs "low profile" 17" wheels. I can't tell the difference (apart from having to go slower around bends on the marshmallow wheels - but then they are winters and THAT is perhaps more why the grip is less in the dry). I suspect most of this "magic Rolls Royce" ride 16" wheels give people is in their heads. They know they have the marshmallow wheels on and then their minds tell them the ride is infinitely better (when in fact the difference is honestly negligible). Doing a blindfolded test in two Yetis with the different (summer) wheels on I guarantee you no-one will be able to tell which one has which wheels on... So just give it time and your steering will feel just fine.

OK waiting to be flamed now by all and sundry! :giggle: ETTO (as Merlinman would say).

Yes! Don't take for granted it will be fine like on the day you first viewed it, you're asking for trouble. Although some things take a while to come up, I've JUST noticed on the way home that my heated seat base now doesn't work on the driver's side. Was fine last week. :-/

Think I'll take it somewhere local for this one and try a different dealer. Arrrgggfgfggfgfgfgf! LOL

Here's a good one....I really wasn't sure why the other Yeti felt "better" ie. more planted and I was "fighting" the car less. I rang my friend again and he suggested that they may have done the printout before everything was tightened down and advised me to go independent, much like many of you on here. I took it to a local place that he recommended - the front toe was out a tiny bit (partly because we re-centred the steering) but to a varying degree on either side. The rear toe was out beyond tolerance on both sides, which was making the car steer to one side. It's now been aligned properly at a cost of £72.00.

The really ironic thing: the dealership waxed lyrical about their VAG alignment machine "at the other dealership". It transpires that the printouts prove the machine is exactly the same one that the independent place has - nothing to do with VAG at all.

Either way, it's proper sorted now and the car drives beautifully. MISSION!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting ridiculous now. The car is booked in for a new heated seat element (driver's side) on Thursday. Then today as I was driving with the window down I noticed a ticking rattly noise from the engine bay. It disappears at idle and seems (although I may be wrong) to be coming from somewhere around the alternator when you apply some throttle. It's quite loud. I am starting to get really annoyed with this ownership experience now and am starting to think I've bought a 20k mile lemon. I never had any issues with my Octavia. :(

http://youtu.be/W88B_AhM1sA

I don't know what brush chatter is or means, but it certainly wasn't doing this last week. :(

How do I tell? I've checked to see if anything is loose and applied pressure to various components to no avail.

The bushes are worn and also loose in their holders,basicaly you will need a new set of brushes.Might even be an alternator bearing thats gone but I am only going by that video clip so I might be miles off.

I'm going to be very annoyed if the alternator is worn/toast after only 22k miles. :wall:

I've had enough trouble with this car and the stupid dealers since I got it only a few weeks ago.

Allams have told me they need my car for the whole day on Thursday and have no courtesy cars available,

so I'm stuck at home again for what I now read on here is a 1.5 hour job (heated seat element).

Car has been in 7 times and counting. FFS!

Just had Skoda Assist out to have a look and friendly man from the RAC reckons the noise is coming from the high pressure fuel pump on the front of the engine. He has recommended it go to the dealers asap and has advised me not to do any long journeys as there is a good chance it will let me down.

This is simply awesome as I have a job in Somerset tomorrow that I will now have to cancel. This is the second job for the same magazine I have had to cancel because of this stupid Yeti, costing me well over £1000.00 in lost earnings so far as well as one very ****ed off client that may well stop using me as I have, in their eyes, become 'unreliable'.

Bloody awesome. Grrrrrrr.

Just had Skoda Assist out to have a look and friendly man from the RAC reckons the noise is coming from the high pressure fuel pump on the front of the engine. He has recommended it go to the dealers asap and has advised me not to do any long journeys as there is a good chance it will let me down.

This is simply awesome as I have a job in Somerset tomorrow that I will now have to cancel. This is the second job for the same magazine I have had to cancel because of this stupid Yeti, costing me well over £1000.00 in lost earnings so far as well as one very ****ed off client that may well stop using me as I have, in their eyes, become 'unreliable'.

Bloody awesome. Grrrrrrr.

Very understandable comments.....assuming a letter of complaint has been dspatched to SUK?

Just typing up an email now....seems like I am spending a lot of time writing to them lately. I don't see how they're going to help me before Monday though seeing as they'll be closed all weekend. On top of that, I have a job in MK on Tuesday and a job for which I will likely need a 4x4 in Bristol/Bath on Wednesday. Seeing as my car is booked in for Thursday (heated seat element) and there are no local courtesy cars available until the week after next (and even then they won't be 4x4s), I'm starting to think that will be another two jobs cancelled and a further two clients inclined to stop using me.

Starting to wish I'd kept my Octavia and never bought the bloody thing. :(

Just typing up an email now....seems like I am spending a lot of time writing to them lately. I don't see how they're going to help me before Monday though seeing as they'll be closed all weekend. On top of that, I have a job in MK on Tuesday and a job for which I will likely need a 4x4 in Bristol/Bath on Wednesday. Seeing as my car is booked in for Thursday (heated seat element) and there are no local courtesy cars available until the week after next (and even then they won't be 4x4s), I'm starting to think that will be another two jobs cancelled and a further two clients inclined to stop using me.

Starting to wish I'd kept my Octavia and never bought the bloody thing. :(

Any chance of hiring a car and trying to bill SUK/Dealer for cost? Surely the car is not as described so falls foul of the sale of goods act

No time by tomorrow as I need to be out of here at 5.30am. Will look into renting for Tuesday and Wednesday but not sure I can rent a 4x4 anywhere and would be allowed to get it "muddy". See what SUK say on Monday I guess. Sooooo much hassle it's insane.

No time by tomorrow as I need to be out of here at 5.30am. Will look into renting for Tuesday and Wednesday but not sure I can rent a 4x4 anywhere and would be allowed to get it "muddy". See what SUK say on Monday I guess. Sooooo much hassle it's insane.

Jet wash and not telling hire company what you are doinhg is your friend here.......which mag are you doing some things for??

Only asking as having seen your previous posts and v jealous of the s/bike shoot as my other toy is a S1000RR!

Edited by Barts

Tomorrow was meant to be Superbike, Tuesday is Classic Ford and Wednesday is Fast Bikes. S1000RR is the bike of the moment that's for sure - although the new Panigale is insanity personified. :)

Tomorrow was meant to be Superbike, Tuesday is Classic Ford and Wednesday is Fast Bikes. S1000RR is the bike of the moment that's for sure - although the new Panigale is insanity personified. :)

It is indeed but also mucho extra money when i dont think it would make me any faster (cant really justify the bmw tbh). Nice work you have there. If I had the talent then bike/car photographyjournalism would been my choice of career bur not to be. Also know that it is a hard way to make a living.

It's not easy and you won't get rich, but I do it because I love it. Really can't afford to be annoying my loyal clients by cancelling jobs because of a bloody car though! *wry smile*

On the plus side, I have all the right "friends" to make things quite uncomfortable for manufacturers and turn bad customer service into a PR disaster. ;)

Edited by carnivorous

Totally with you there..thats why most of us ride bikes.for the loveof it......hope you get sorted and that your clients stick with you. Keep us posted!