PROBLEMS PROBLEMS

HOLTY

evening all my new 55 mk1 vrs octavia has got gremlins!!!

the fault is on just the drivers door the issues are as follow

1,remote locking system not working on the drivers door but the key works and locks and unlocks the whole car from thr drivers door lock.

2,the alarm light next to the chrome knob on the top of door card does not flash.

3,the drivers door mirror does not adjust with the electric switch nor does the heated glass get warm on the drivers side but passenger side heats up.

also the i have small things that i need advise with drivers seat thigh bolser foam (base) need replacing where can i located it from ???

passenger seat the stitching is parting between the material and leather parts under your thigh area.

is it A, easy to sort out or B, is there anybody that can do the job???

any help with my problems would be good thanks alot dave

Guest BigJase88

Im guessing a plugs come loose in the doorcard.... Whip the doorcard off and check all electrical plugs are connected together properly

1,remote locking system not working on the drivers door but the key works and locks and unlocks the whole car from thr drivers door lock.

2,the alarm light next to the chrome knob on the top of door card does not flash.

3,the drivers door mirror does not adjust with the electric switch nor does the heated glass get warm on the drivers side but passenger side heats up.

also the i have small things that i need advise with drivers seat thigh bolser foam (base) need replacing where can i located it from ???

passenger seat the stitching is parting between the material and leather parts under your thigh area.

Central locking issue is a common fault normally caused by either door microswitch failing or corrosion in the multi connector in the drivers door. There's loads of posts on the forum about this problem so do a search.

A new seat foam base is about £66 from TPS. There's how to guide on the link below.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/169597-seat-foam-base-replacement/page__hl__seat+foam+replacement

I too have exactly the same problem on my 55 Oct vRS. I have found corrosion on the connectors inside the A frame near fuse box. Not the only bit though I suspect. Have you sorted yours yet?

Regards

Pete

I've had this for over two years. I gave up chasing the Gremlin after replacing everything that was suggested by others who experienced the same problem. The trouble with Gremlins is that no two are the same. The only thing I haven't replaced or really looked into is the area that bogle111 mentioned. To be honest, I've lived with the problem for so long now that I'm used to it. When the weather warms up and I get some time away from the kids, I might look into it again. It doesn't affect how the car drives, so it's one of those things that can wait.

Had a look at the car this morning removed door card and had a look at the inside of all the multi plugs the one on the drivers doors window motor has a pin snapped off so will bodge it to see if it works !!!

Just a update the snapped terminal was the fault I have opened the window motor with a hacksaw found the pin inside the unit soldered a wire on drilled a hole in the casing refitted back into the door and soldered the wire on to the door wiring loom as the terminal in the multi plug had corroded and pulled out ! And guess what ! SORTED !!! Saved my self loads of money in a new door loom and window motor !

Now all my problems are gone I.e no remote locking on drivers door. Now got the alarm led flashing ! And the drivers door mirror work. RESULT !!!

• 2 months later...

Thanks gonna try this one tomorrow myself. wouldnt mind had the door card off today to fit new window mech. the controler on the new one was faulty too so had to take the old one off the knackered mechanism and fit to the new one that i got for £20 and noticed rust in the plug. sprayed it with wd-40 but problem still there. and again thanks for the solution :)