Boot lid micro switch failed?

Togo

Last night, I wondered why the lights in the cabin was not switched off and indicator lights has not flashed when I locked my Roomster.

The lights in the cabin stayed on and the same for the boot/trunk light. The light in the boot/trunk was not so bright, a little dampened.

When I opened and closed the boot lid again, the boot/trunk lights was still on.

Then I noticed that the warning light "Open door" in the instrument panel was on, and all doors and boot lid was closed.

When the car is locked and I use the remote control key and press "Unlock the boot lid". The boot lid unlocks and when I close the boot lid again, it is not locked immediately

there can go some minutes before the boot lid is locked again, and the boot/trunk lights is still on but not so bright.

Is there some kind of micro switch / contact that is not fully opened/closed in the boot lid.

It is as if it had not registered that the boot lid is closed?

I have a similar problem, the boot light often stays on when I close the boot lid gently. If I slam it hard the light then goes out. I assume the micro switch is part of the lock mechanism inside the trim as nothing is visible outside. I am living with this till my next visit to the dealer and will then ask for it to be fixed under warranty.

I have a similar problem, the boot light often stays on when I close the boot lid gently. If I slam it hard the light then goes out. I assume the micro switch is part of the lock mechanism inside the trim as nothing is visible outside.

I have tried to close it harder then normal, but it has the same effect.

But now the warning light "Open door" in the instrument panel is always on. Which means that the cabin lights stays on, when I am driving.

I will contact the dealer and get it fixed under warranty. I will post what they did to fix the problem.

But now the warning light "Open door" in the instrument panel is always on. Which means that the cabin lights stays on, when I am driving.

I will contact the dealer and get it fixed under warranty. I will post what they did to fix the problem.

We had a s similar issue with my wife's Roomster- it was in and out of the dealers a number of times - and had the rear lock replaced as part of the work. - In the end they found it was an issue in the drivers door wiring loom! - Since that was replaced we have not had any repetition of the problem.

We had a s similar issue with my wife's Roomster- it was in and out of the dealers a number of times - and had the rear lock replaced as part of the work. - In the end they found it was an issue in the drivers door wiring loom! - Since that was replaced we have not had any repetition of the problem.

Thanks for the information.

Can you remember if the boot light was always on.

When you unlock the car, the boot light is not switch on?

Thanks for the information.

Can you remember if the boot light was always on.

When you unlock the car, the boot light is not switch on?

Not sure about the boot light, but the indicator light on the dash showed the rear door open, the interior lights came on, and the warning 'ping' kept sounding. - also it was impossible to lock the car using the remote control while it was 'happening' - had to use he key.

Edited by bgw

The dealer and I, found the problem (or it might be, time will tell). If there is no boot light installed ( you remove the light ), then in my case I get the "Open door" warning light.

If I only connect the boot light, but do not install it back (in the hole). Then all is working perfect, no "Open door" warning lights.

But if I installed it in the hole, the metal casing of the boot light is touching the metal frame of the car.

This is making the boot lights glow dimmed and causing a "Open door" warning light.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

And the fault has come again :wonder:

This time the boot light is always a little dimmed and the "Open door warning light" stays on even when all doors and boot lid are closed and locked.

When I drive and I press the breaks, the "Open door warning light" goes out and when I release the breaks it goes on again.

And when driving, the "Open door warning light" can begin to flicker and every time the "Open door warning light" is on, the boot light is on but dimmed.

Some thoughts?

Sounds like a broken wire in the loom through to the bootlid somewhere. It will be the earth. The brake light in the tailgate is why I think that. When earths are lost, you get symptoms just like this. The boot light will be dim because it's earthing through the other circuits. At least that's my guess.

Until you mentioned the brake light behaviour, I would have said it was just the switch in the latch. I had the same misbehaviour in an audi I had in that the light stayed on and the warning was in the dash. The brakes had no effect, though.

Edited by lowedb