TSB - ESP module FLs

m0bov

Had my battery checked today on my 59 FL, I was also getting a "bong" on start up sometimes and also ESP FAULT! showing and then going. Turns out there is a TSB for replacing the ESP Module. Anyone heard of this? Where is the module located and how long does it take to fit?? Its under warranty of course!

I knew about it affecting old Octys but had no idea it was a problem with the later ones!

Cheers.

Not heard this. My car was in the garage last week for the turbo clip and they never mentioned it. I will be asking when it goes in this week to have the snapped bonnet release cable fixed about it.

Have you got a TSB no.

Had my battery checked today on my 59 FL, I was also getting a "bong" on start up sometimes and also ESP FAULT! showing and then going. Turns out there is a TSB for replacing the ESP Module. Anyone heard of this? Where is the module located and how long does it take to fit?? Its under warranty of course!

I knew about it affecting old Octys but had no idea it was a problem with the later ones!

Cheers.

out of interest, why were you having the battery checked? Only I am sure mine is faulty because after only a couple of short trips it will only just start.

It seems very sluggish when left for a day or two, I kept getting a bong and ESP Fault! on dash, but I still think its related to the battery. If anyone gets similar errors take it to dealer ASAP. I have found a Bosh battery with 5 year warranty for £60 so if in doubt I might just replace the battery anyway if in doubt.

Not heard this. My car was in the garage last week for the turbo clip and they never mentioned it. I will be asking when it goes in this week to have the snapped bonnet release cable fixed about it.

Have you got a TSB no.

Only if your getting ESP errors or a bong during cranking.

Yes they said it was fine and charging was fine, but still not convinced.

mine is doing the same. I'm convinced it isn't a high enough capacity.

Did you had anything like a Columbus or extra tech? I wonder if they fit a higher capacity battery if its ordered with more kit. Mines a petrol, wonder if there are differant batteries fitted??

Did you had anything like a Columbus or extra tech? I wonder if they fit a higher capacity battery if its ordered with more kit. Mines a petrol, wonder if there are differant batteries fitted??

Columbus is only thing I've fitted. I have all the other options and the diesel has the same battery as the petrol which is just under 30ah less than my pd130 bora.

I put a thread up the other week about it and everyone has the same!