Replacement headlight bulbs

Hi Guys,

As you all probably know the Fabia's headlights suck bigtime, so i'm sure many of you have already upgraded.

I work a 12hrs shift pattern so i do a lot of driving early in the morning when it's still dark and at night so i am eager to upgrade to better bulbs.

Only problem is i've never felt the need to upgrade a cars headlights before so it's not something i know anything about.

What are the best legal bulbs to upgade to and do i need 2 or 4 of them?

Thanks

It's been discussed quite a bit this. Some say Phillips vision plus some say osram night breakers. I myself have osram cool blues they are good, but not overly bright. If your going for cost and effectiveness I'd say go for Phillips :-) and buy them off of eBay

It's been discussed quite a bit this. Some say Phillips vision plus some say osram night breakers. I myself have osram cool blues they are good, but not overly bright. If your going for cost and effectiveness I'd say go for Phillips :-) and buy them off of eBay

Thanks Wilko,

I'm eyeing these up on ebay at the mo http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-Philips-X-treme-Vision-100-bulbs-pair-/260907482984?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbf4c3f68

do i need 2 or 4?

I was thinking mine would be different as mine is a pre-facelift 2010 fabia. I'm guessing I need 2 pairs of H7s?

I could be wrong here but I think all 2007> models are classed as Fabia II (5J) and the models prior are Fabia I (6Y).

So even though the 2010> models have had a facelift they are still essentially (5J) models with different engines and a different looking shell but not much else has changed.

So going by that you should only need one pair the same as me.

Like I said I could be wrong though I've only owned the Monte Carlo a week and I'm learning as I go.