Shedding weight

FabiaVRSAJ

Hi,

Shedding weight is an easy way to go faster everywhere but what have people done? And how much weight do you reckon you have shed in KG's?

The only thing i can think of is along the lines of

Exhaust replacement and decat

EGR

Spare tyre/tool kit

But what else without going mental?

Cheers

Carpets sound deadening rear seats door card boot carpets arced shelf head lining ditch front seat in place for lightweight buckets glovebox and dash pieces engine cover bonnet liner. Air con move the battery into boot. Then start looking at corner weights of vehicle. Lighter wheels remove elec windows for manual winders should save a bit. The. You can go further again polycarbonate side and rear windows. Headlining

Is EGR Heavy?

I recently downsized my sub.. more space and lighter. In exchange for social bass (rather than antisocial bass) :( Sad times..

My 16's are a fair bit lighter than octys, makes a difference in mpg, pick up and ride comfort. Im sure if you go one step further and get prorace 1.2's or similar it will fly.

Removed rear seats before.. bit rattly.

If you don't need 312 brakes then stick with standard size with uprated parts.

Looked into wheel nuts, but imo think its a no go.. each to their own though.

i removed:

Spare tyre

Tools

Sound deadening under the carpets

rear seats

engine cover

bonnet skin

spare wheel board cover (under the carpet)

rear mats :)

Parcel Shelf

This was all quite social weight saving, nothing serious and all done for good reason i.e sound deadening wet underfloor due to leaky rear doors.