Hello from Spain!

eddie3000

Hi there! I'm new here. Firstly, thank you to everybody for making this great forum. I have read many interesting things already. I'm new to skoda as well. We have just bought our first skoda, a roomster elegance 1.6 tdi, and so far we are happy with it. We've just had it for two days. Hopefully it will last a long long time. It feels very sturdy and tough.

We bought a new car that the dealer already had in stock with an interesting discount, and we had to choose from the colours we were offered. My wife liked the beige-capuccino 4k4k. I prefer plain white, but there were none available. I was planning in installing the parking sensors myself, there are plenty to choose from on ebay. There are some that already come painted, and the colour I find closest is champagne. Would you guys buy the champagne coloured ones, or would you just get matt black? Or maybe even get a small ammount of paint from skoda and paint them myself?

When negotiating with the skoda dealer, they agreed to install the cruise control and to activate the corner lights function. They succeded in installing the cruise control, but they failed activating the corner lights. The dealer told me that they tried activating the feature through their computer system but to their surprise the roomster started giving error codes, and they ended up deactivating it again. The dealer reckons that maybe activation isn't enough, and some hardware may have to be replaced or added. Does anybody know how to activate the corner lights on the roomster? I think it was manufactured in the second half of 2011.

On the other hand, I'm a diy sort of person, and at the moment I find that turning on your fog lights is just as good or even better (because both are on instead of just one) than the corner lights, except that it doesn't work automatically. Does anybody think it might be feasible to make an "quick and easy to press button" that activates a timer circuit (like a 555 chip) that temporarily turns on the fog lights for 10 seconds?

Great forum. Cheers!

Edited by eddie3000

Thank you for the nice welcome.

Gallego! I'm in Aragón.

I finally bought the champagne coloured parking sensors. I'll tell you guys how similar they are once they arrive.

I haven't figured out how to activate the corner lights yet.

But I have looked into something new, the rear foglight that doesn't work. Apparently my roomster has two foglights installed, but only the one on the driver's side is wired. I took the lamps off the car and looked at the connector. The cable on the right side has one cable less, the one for the fog light. So if I want to make the foglight operative, all I can do is to run a wire to it. I don't know whether it's a good idea to attatch it to the left one in parallel. I'm not sure whether the "bulb controller" output can handle two bulbs or not. If it doesn't I could bust it! Though I think it'd work. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

For anybody interested, I recieved my parking sensor kit a couple days ago. The colour Beige capuchino from Skoda code 4k4k is remarkably similar to the "CISBO champagne colour parking sensors". (Got them from ebay) In fact I could hardly tell the difference in sun light. I don't think painting the sensors is worth it at all given the similarity. I hope this information is of help to others. Cheers!

Edited by eddie3000

Hi , i hope you enjoy your roomster , i have had mine for a month ( new car 2012 ) mine has only one rear fog light . front fog lights !! my front fogs has two bulbs in each ( one bulb for day running lights the other is for the fog light ) my front fogs are not cornering ones , you have to pay extra for the cornering function , maybe yours has only daytime running lights /foglights

Hi Eddie and welcome, the fog lights across the vag - range have only one rear fog enabled, but can be turned on with vag-com, ( a program  like skodas which plugs a laptop into your port to communicate with your car, cornering fogs can also be enabled.The later FL(facelift) Octavias can not have rear both rear fogs to work, I am not sure if the Roomster is similar .

Thanks guys for your answers and such a warm welcome.

The corner lights can't be turned on with the software at my skoda dealers, at least not yet (maybe his version is old). And my rear foglight can't be activated using vag-com beacuse it hasn't got a cable going to it. The bulb's there, but simply no cable. I will have a go at running a cable to it after I figure out what the maximum load for the other fog light is, as I believe skoda's have a light controller with maximum and minimum current ratings for every output (But I still haven't found this out yet, it's just a suspicion).