Bluetooth finally fitted...! :-)

Well after months of having the OEM Bluetooth kit sat in a box (with a couple of lamely abortive attempts to fit it myself along the way!), I finally got it fitted yesterday! Big thanks to mikeholroyd for his assistance (OK OK....he did it all - I just watched and provided moral support!) and expertise - much appreciated Mike, I owe you one. Actually I think I owe you at least two now but anyway...!! ;-)

Impressed with the kit...works really well and kinda funky to have voice control for the Columbus too.

Next project.....work out how to fix the f/w on my Columbus so that if I go into the Navigation or Phone menu on Maxidot, I can actually get back out of them and back to the main menu again!!

Good work. I would like the voice control, but am i right in thinking that as my bluetooth is factory fit that additional wiring is needed?

think i found it at the bottom of the first post http://vwnavi.com/vo...ecovery-cd.html . Basically burn the fix to a dvd or cd and then insert into the rns and follow the instructions

Thanks for the link! :thumbup: Mine is currently running f/w 3800 though and in the link it says it's for f/w 1xxx/2xxx...do you know if this would still work on a 3xxx?

not sure, I have the 1300 firmware and it works for me, you may to downgrade, add the fix then upgrade again. VrsCarl is probably the best person to ask, but I was under the impression that the 3800 firmware wasn't that great.

OK, I'll drop him a line... :)

Yeh I've heard a few people mention that 3800 isn't great but to be honest I've had absolutely no trouble with it whatsoever. If I could fix this prob without upgrading the f/w I would as I'm always worried about bricking my Columbus, but I think I'm going to have to upgrade something ;-)