xenons on pre facelift

Not quite as hard as the xenons. You need a switched 12v, a ground, a feed from the reversing lamp and a feed from the interior light. The dimming mirror always fixes to the back of the rain/light sensor which is absent when the standard mirror is fitted. The sensor attachment comes pre bonded to the windscreen.

The dimming mirror always comes with the rain sensor primarily due to this 'packaging' reason.

Our Irish models have rain senseing and auto dimmer standard,as for the xenons why do ye worry about the self levelling on them?

Lots of people just fit hid kits over here and never hear anything about the self levelling!

• Like 1

Our Irish models have rain senseing and auto dimmer standard,as for the xenons why do ye worry about the self levelling on them?

Lots of people just fit hid kits over here and never hear anything about the self levelling!

Maybe it is personal taste.

Some people simply prefer having the proper OEM kit on their cars. I for one would spend longer looking for a car with factory xenons rather than mess about with the kits which can have their own drawbacks.

I think the earlier vRS model over here was basically an Ambiente with respect to basic kit. There was much ticking of boxes when it came to speccing them up. When I bought SWMBOs vRS it had loads of options added.

primarily i would prefer oem kit but if push came to shove is it easy to fit a hid kit to the octavia? on my old vectra it was a bumper off job

also in the picture of the sat nav is it a factory sat nav?if so will it have an aux in somewhere or can i buy a lead to plug in the back for an iPhone??

Edited by jebby80

primarily i would prefer oem kit but if push came to shove is it easy to fit a hid kit to the octavia? on my old vectra it was a bumper off job

also in the picture of the sat nav is it a factory sat nav?if so will it have an aux in somewhere or can i buy a lead to plug in the back for an iPhone??

HID kit took me about half an hour but that also inlcuded LED sidelights (which were a pain) and checking the alignment etc.

• 2 weeks later...

HID kit took me about half an hour but that also inlcuded LED sidelights (which were a pain) and checking the alignment etc.

can you provide me with a link for the hid kit you bought please? and which led sidelights do i need that will work thanks

can you provide me with a link for the hid kit you bought please? and which led sidelights do i need that will work thanks

HID kit was purchased from a colleague and was originally from ebay listed for a Seat Leon (H7) (I'll have a look for something similar...) and the LED's were from one of the members on here - Hauptman...