Keeno93's Fabia Estate!

keeno93

Hey guys. None of you will no me as i only joined the site around a week ago. I picked up my Fabia on the 23rd Feb after viewing it 2 days previous.

When i went to view i liked the car very much! Bodywork was rust-less, no dings (Except a small dent on the boot which will be removed) and overall ran lovely... However, i did not drive the car on the day of viewing as the driver offered to drive. He was giving me the 'traders' lingo obviously trying to sell the car...

On day of arrival i was excited as you always are when picking a new car up (My 3rd in 16 Months) So me and a friend went up to Watton (Ipswich) in my Fiesta and picked it up. As i am only 18 years old i couldn't get one day insurance therefore my friend drove it back for me.. Anyway, too cut a long story short! The car had 2 small problems.. The Oil light kept flashing when slowing down and the gears were very difficult to maneuver!

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Details:

2001 Skoda Fabia Estate 1.4 MPI

2 Previous Owners

120,000 Miles on the clock

Full Service History

Full MOT

6 Months Tax

£1000

Update 28th Feb: After spending Saturday gone and this morning travelling around Gt Yarmouth (My home town) I had all the bits and pieces need to do a complete Oil change, Gearbox fluid change and Coolant change.

- 5 Litre Motor Oil

- Oil Filter

- Oil Sensor (Pressure)

- Oil Plug Key (17mm Hex Socket)

- 2 x 1 Litre Gearbox Fluid

- 2 x 1 Litre Coolant

So i got to work and managed to get it all done in a few hours. Left the car running for 5 minutes n quickly ran it around my road (As its currently uninsured) Light didn't appear (Which is the first time since having it) and the gears seem a good standard! Shall see how it runs properly when i m on the road in April (Years no claim will come in for the Fiesta!)

Cheers :D

Edited by keeno93

Wanted to show you guys my previous cars in comparison to the new one :)

My 1998 Ford Fiesta 1.2 Automatic (April 2011 - Present)

Modified from Standard by myself

100_0606.jpg

100_0932.jpg

100_0934.jpg

My 1997 Ford KA 1.2 (November 2010 - April 2011)

Standard-Rat-Subtle Rat

IMG_0789.jpg

100_0413.jpg

100_0330.jpg

100_0370.jpg

May not be to many peoples taste but i'm massively proud of the Fiesta! KA not so much... LOL

*MOD LIST*

As your aware i haven't currently modified the car in any way! But this is for my future mods so you guys can see what i'm going for.

VRS Body Kit

Alloys (VW, Audi or BBS) in Gloss black

Gloss black wing mirrors

Gloss black plain Grille

Coilovers or lowering springs

Cup holder (Dual Polo or Single)

Exhaust back box

De-Cat

Induction Kit/Panel Filter

Rear window tints

Gloss black roof

Wind deflectors

*Ordered*

Headlight Ultra bright bulbs (Dipped + Full)

Skoda valve caps

ISO adapter for stereo

Edited by keeno93

Another estate, this will look just like mine when ya done lol

I'm not gonna lie, your car is what i'm pretty much going for! When i originally saw it I said to my Brother

' Mine will look like that'

haha.

I like the idea of an estate. Something totally different. Should be nice when it's done with the list you have.

And what's wrong with a corsa? I loved mine (I'm not a chav)

I like the idea of an estate. Something totally different. Should be nice when it's done with the list you have.

And what's wrong with a corsa? I loved mine (I'm not a chav)

The Corsa B and C are my most hated cars.. Purely because of the whole 'Chav' thing.. They seem to be a fashionable car to have amongst the so called mechanic's of 17-19 year olds.. It makes me laugh. Alot of people use the 'Ebay Built' and 'Built not bought' These Chav's should have ' Destroyed by Halfords '

Rant over.......... For now :)

Oh, quick update while i'm on here. A few small bits come in the post while i was at work. Briskoda sticker, Skoda valve caps and the new ISO adapter (Which i didn't need!) Got it all on the car, small improves go along way to be honest. Didn't get any pictures as there not very serious! I may give it a clean Monday as i will be off, maybe find some other stuff to do while im at it!

• 2 weeks later...

Little update guys.

Ordered some fly eye kit last night for my headlights! Also got a day now for getting it on the road, its going to be insured and ready to go on the 28th of this month :) really looking forward to driving it now, although getting some mods is alot more exciting lol. I have been offered a set of BBS rims from a VW, unsure on price until he gets back to me.. I should imagine he is wanting more than i can afford but we'll see.

(Pics will be up when ive fitted the kit)

• Like 1

Another picture'less update guys \" Not along excitement on the thread yet but give it time :)

The FlyEye kit has been posted today! So should be here during the week.

Received my Insurance Renewal today, so got the Fabia insured, £120 cheaper a month than my Fiesta!!! 17yr old insurance really is insulting compared to 18yr old. So i got her out for a run.. Rather gutted as the gears are still pretty stiff, mainly getting it into 3rd. I'm going to be taking it up to the garage tomorrow to book it in for a brake change (first time i've used a garage since driving!) going to also ask about the gears, see what he recommends.

Should be getting Coilovers within the next month or so! (Unless i end up selling due to the gears)

Soooo!

On return home from work i was greeted by a small box. My fly eye kit had arrived and i was pleasantly surprised by how good the kit really is! You get your fly eye sealed in a bag, a new sharp craft style knife and a card to rub out air bubbles. So for the £10 i spent i was very pleased and would definitely recommend!

So i got to work on the jobs in hand;

-Change headlight bulbs for bright ones

-Fit fly eye

Here is the results of the fly eye kit which i'm very happy with! Pictures aren't great and i currently have none of the lights on.

1LightComplete.jpg

(Comparing lights with and without fly eye kit)

FrontCompleted.jpg

Finished result!

May get spend some money on a mod(s) when i get paid next Wednesday if i have spare dough :)

C&C welcome!

Cheers dude!

I went for the darkest black they did.. think it was 'Black 1'

Came out a treat! Unfortunately you cant see it well on the pictures, but once the proper car modding starts il be getting better pictures :)

Think i've decided to make my first proper mod, coilovers.. May look at them during April, will pay for them to be fitted as i no the trouble it caused when i did the Fiesta myself lol.

Edited by keeno93

Little update guys!

Took the Fab in for a full brake change yesterday n picked it up after work around an hour ago.

Front discs and pads changed plus rear's were cleaned and adjusted. I also asked for them to check the gears (as mentioned before, there a little hard to manoeuvre sometimes) Turns out the gear change cables are slightly seized so I will book it in again soon to get them changed. Overall it cost £122.16 which I was pleased with!

On a side note, I may be able to get straight into my project sooner than expected. If I agree the deal I have on the table, I will be updating this thread a lot more regular with modifications to the Fabia :D

I also ordered a new non-locking petrol cap as the locking one I currently have is very hard to get open lol.

EDIT: As I will be buying and getting coil-overs fitted, what are the required things i need? As far as i know, its the set of coilovers and Ford Mondeo drop links? Could someone please confirm this with the specific type please :) Cheers in advance

Edited by keeno93

Can't you get coilies specific to the Fabia anyway?

Don't get TAs unless you want a massively hard ride - got a set on my Polo (its meant to be a cheap and cheerful project to show what can be done on a low budget) and they are incredibly stiff!

Can't you get coilies specific to the Fabia anyway?

Don't get TAs unless you want a massively hard ride - got a set on my Polo (its meant to be a cheap and cheerful project to show what can be done on a low budget) and they are incredibly stiff!

There are coilovers for Fabia, yes. They are quite uncommon however. I have to travel a little over 200 kilometers to get to the only store that's sells them in Sweden. And its not even certain they have it in stock. Then again, Fabias are more common in Britain, so you lot might have a easier job getting a hold of them. I have half a mind of having my girlfriend pick up a set before she flies home...

I wouldn't recommend coilies on that Combi. Especially not with the 1.4MPI. Its far to heavy and weak for the coilovers to do any good. Hell, its a waste for me, and I drive the hatchback.

Edited by DaKKs_152

UPDATE!

As i mentioned, Id be getting straight into the car if I accepted the deal and I did :) haha

Made my first purchase last night, a set of Volkswagen BSS alloys! Needed a refurb but overall a good price. Tires are pretty much brand new! So i got to work refurbing them straight after work today, primed, gloss and lacquered. Here is the finished product.

WheelRefurb.jpg

GlossBlackBBSAlloys.jpg

BBSalloysfinished.jpg

This is a wheel that the guy before me had tested a theme on. IMO it looks amazing! But doesn't go with my Silver and black theme :)

BBS16INCHALLOYS.jpg

So they are all set to go on the Fabia. In the mean time, i have made some more purchases off our friend EBAY.

- Non locking petrol cap (arrived today and fitted)

- Wheel nuts (including 4 locking nuts)

- Coilovers (Went for a budget set)

- Carbon Fibre gel centre caps

non-lockingpetrolcap.jpg

Also hunting around for other things. Such as De-Cat, Exhaust backbox and induction kit (If anyone can recommend places)

Cheers!

Edited by keeno93