RNS 510 (Columbus) won't change to English from German

This morning my naviation started in German. I tried to change the language to English but it got stuck on the "loading language" (or whatever it says there because it's in German) screen. I tried turning off the nav, I restarted it, I even stopped the car, took the key out and locked it.

I have firmware 3810. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Edited by Clodius

Wondering if 3970 firmware would fix the problem. I have a 3T0 version B navigation currently running 3810 FW

Is there anything that I need except download the files from here: http://www.my-gti.co...-3974-3976-3978

Or should I try re installing 3810 firmware?

Come on guys, help out a bit :( Josi, where are you? :)

Edited by Clodius

Installed 3970, everything is ok. I just have to activate Video In Motion.

My problem is now with another navigation that just freezes all the time (touch screen not working, buttons not working, no sound, no nothing) and I have to reset it a few times. The pattern that I've noticed is that it starts working only when I reset it while driving and not always the first time.

On this one I have 3814 firmware

Edited by Clodius

• 5 weeks later...

Seems that it's back to its old habits.

I think it all started on Saturday after driving around for short distances and stopping the car for 2-3 minutes and repeating this several times.

Sunday it lost the radio stations all over again and the Video in Motion. This morning it was fine and at noon it switched to German.

I will try FW4020. What else can I do?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have this issue too (since 4 weeks ago). No sound, SatNav operation and all menus in German, lost all radio stations. Arbury Skoda in Leamington could not find what is wrong. I have been ranting at Skoda customer service as they have been worse than useless at helping to resolve the problem.

Wotnik

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone found a solution????

I now also have this same problem.

Stuck on German.

Cannot access Aux plugin.

Lost all preset radio stations.

I am hoping it is not a corrupt hard drive, I assume its out of warranty at 2.5 years old?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

2 years later,  has anybody found a solution?

Mine has just switched to German with no ability to convert back to English.

thanks

Onepot 

Edited by One Pot

Thanks Rustynuts,  there is a microphone,  and incidentally a couple of years ago pressing this and saying "Navigation" it used to reply "and further". But recently it only beeps.  Since the German invasion, the button now does nothing,  the same for the press of the roller on the steering wheel.

cheers

onepot

• 5 months later...
On 6/11/2017 at 21:25, Rustynuts said:

Yep, can usually be fixed. It's either a software issue or a bad hard drive, or possibly mainboard failure. Does your unit have a microphone button on the top right or does it have a speaker and a letter i?

Yep, that makes sense.

Software reload would be a probable fix, but as it's an older unit I'd be wary of any hardware fixes due to the lack of availability of spares, and the fact that the old units like to just fall over for the hell of it.

• 3 years later...