Spraying with Hammerite

Brimma

I'm slowly learning that there is an art to using Hammerite in aerosol form

Ordinary paints are fairly forgiving, but with Hammerite you need the thinnest of coats before stopping and waiting to put the next coat on

It looks initially as though it's hardly covered at all, then it all just blends together and provides a full coat. The art is in not trying to put too much on at a time, thinking it hasn't covered, because believe me, it has

I'm probably preaching to people who know this already, having used it before, but for anyone who hasn't, it might be a good heads up to go easy with it

If you mix it yourself , then by adding more thinners you make the pits shallower and therefore more silvery , i once sprayed a car(ford Anglia) in black starting sivery at the front and going blacker as it progressed backwards , it was an absolute bitch to blend the different mixes without getting a distinct line but looked good when finished especially with the crackle black dash (remember them ) i made that housed lotus dials .